RSX gears

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Flyer66, Apr 3, 2003.

  1. Flyer66

    Flyer66 Guest

    I know this may be a bit basic question, but I've just bought a second hand bike with RSX gears on
    it but I'm not sure they are working right. How are they supposed to work? You have 2 leavers under
    the brake leavers, are you supposed to push one and it goes up the gears and the other to go down
    the gears? Are you supposed to push and hold with you pedal until you are in the right gear?

    Cheers

    John

    Tags:

  2. M Series

    M Series Guest

    These sound like STi, the right is for the rear mech, push the inner lever left and it'll change to
    a small sprocket, push the brake lever and it will change to a larger sprocket. The left hand levers
    are for the front mech, push the right though.

    Change one or two at a time and keep pedalling

    "Flyer66" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I know this may be a bit basic question, but I've just bought a second
    hand
    > bike with RSX gears on it but I'm not sure they are working right. How are they supposed to
    > work? You have 2 leavers under the brake leavers, are you supposed to push one and it goes up
    > the gears and the other to go down the gears? Are you supposed to push and hold with you pedal
    > until you are in
    the
    > right gear?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > John

  3. Flyer66

    Flyer66 Guest

    Thanks,

    It does say RSX all over it, is that not the gears? And do you really mean "push the

    "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > These sound like STi, the right is for the rear mech, push the inner lever left and it'll change
    > to a small sprocket, push the brake lever and it
    will
    > change to a larger sprocket. The left hand levers are for the front mech, push the right though.
    >
    > Change one or two at a time and keep pedalling
    >

    > "Flyer66" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I know this may be a bit basic question, but I've just bought a second
    > hand
    > > bike with RSX gears on it but I'm not sure they are working right. How
    are
    > > they supposed to work? You have 2 leavers under the brake leavers, are
    you
    > > supposed to push one and it goes up the gears and the other to go down
    the
    > > gears? Are you supposed to push and hold with you pedal until you are in
    > the
    > > right gear?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > John

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Flyer66 wrote:

    > And do you really mean "push the brake lever and it will change to a larger sprocket" ?

    Yes, sideways, inwards. STI's are dual function levers - brake & gears.

    ~PB

  5. Flyer66

    Flyer66 Guest

    Thanks,

    Sorted now. Never thought to push the brake levers.

    thanks again,

    John

    > Flyer66 wrote:
    > >
    > > And do you really mean "push the brake lever and it will change to a larger sprocket" ?
    >
    > Yes, sideways, inwards. STI's are dual function levers - brake & gears.
    >
    > ~PB

  6. Phil Clarke

    Phil Clarke Guest

    Flyer66 wrote:

    > Sorted now. Never thought to push the brake levers.

    youre not the first. A guy where I work picked up his 105-equipped racer and had to phone the shop
    halfway home to find out how to change back down the gears. :)