RTBIAD conspiracy theory.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Man Without Pigs, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. Finished rtbiad in 12 hours. Well done to BV and volunteers for
    the organization. Excellent weather for it.

    Was the route on roads in Weribee and Pt Cook chosen so that riders could
    lobby Wyndam (speling?) council to install them. Heard a few "get off the
    road" shouted by motorists.

    Tags:

  2. Meant to say "..council to install bike lanes on them?..."

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:17:11 +1000, Man Without Pigs wrote:

    > Finished rtbiad in 12 hours. Well done to BV and volunteers for
    > the organization. Excellent weather for it.
    >
    > Was the route on roads in Weribee and Pt Cook chosen so that riders could
    > lobby Wyndam (speling?) council to install them. Heard a few "get off the
    > road" shouted by motorists.

  3. kyra

    kyra New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:17:11 +1000, Man Without Pigs wrote:

    > Finished rtbiad in 12 hours. Well done to BV and volunteers for
    > the organization. Excellent weather for it.
    >
    > Was the route on roads in Weribee and Pt Cook chosen so that riders could
    > lobby Wyndam (speling?) council to install them. Heard a few "get off the
    > road" shouted by motorists.
    [/QUOTE]

    How bad was the headwind through the sewage joint?? I was leading a group through there and couldn't sit on anything more than 27km/h! I ended up finishing it 10hrs 30mins with actual riding time being 6hrs 57mins. Very happy with that.

  4. tortoise

    tortoise New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2004
    That part of the route was pretty awful. Maybe it was also to get people to buy property in some of the new housing estates down there.