rubbermaid takealongs



M

Michael

Guest
I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
that is really-really bad.

I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
findings.

Just put your tongue on the plastic.......it's horrible.

Or is it me?
 
W

Wayne Boatwright

Guest
On Thu 08 Dec 2005 10:07:21a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael?

> I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
> that is really-really bad.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
> findings.
>
> Just put your tongue on the plastic.......it's horrible.
>
> Or is it me?


Maybe so. I've never noticed it. But, then, I don't go around tasting
containers.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________________________

A chicken in every pot is a *LOT* of chicken!
 
D

Doug Kanter

Guest
"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
>that is really-really bad.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
> findings.
>
> Just put your tongue on the plastic.......it's horrible.
>
> Or is it me?
>


Wash with Dawn dish liquid, using a soft sponge, not a scrubber. Rinse well,
leave slightly wet inside. Add a tablespoon or so of baking soda. Close lid,
shake. Wait a day and rinse. If they still taste/smell funny, call
Rubbermaid and tell them. They'll probably send you some coupons for other
products.
 
N

Nancy1

Guest
Michael wrote:
> I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
> that is really-really bad.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
> findings.
>
> Just put your tongue on the plastic.......it's horrible.
>
> Or is it me?


I like the Ziploc containers, myself.

N.
 
S

sarah bennett

Guest
Nancy1 wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>>I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
>>that is really-really bad.
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
>>findings.
>>
>>Just put your tongue on the plastic.......it's horrible.
>>
>>Or is it me?

>
>
> I like the Ziploc containers, myself.
>
> N.
>


My SIL sent us home a ton of leftovers in ziploc containers, and i
washed them out and was going to send them back to her. Apparently she
just throws them out. I must just be old fashioned or something :)


--

saerah

"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
-Baruch Spinoza

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
is another theory which states that this has already happened."
-Douglas Adams
 
N

Nancy1

Guest
sarah bennett wrote:
> Nancy1 wrote:
> > Michael wrote:
> >
> >>I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
> >>that is really-really bad.
> >>
> >>I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
> >>findings.

> >
> > I like the Ziploc containers, myself.
> >
> > N.
> >

>
> My SIL sent us home a ton of leftovers in ziploc containers, and i
> washed them out and was going to send them back to her. Apparently she
> just throws them out. I must just be old fashioned or something :)
>


Well, the idea is they don't cost so much that you can't throw or give
them away now and then. My DIL has an entire cupboard full of ones
I've given her (I wish she'd give half of them back) ... LOL. I just
keep buying more.

N.
 
S

sarah bennett

Guest
Nancy1 wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>
>>Nancy1 wrote:
>>
>>>Michael wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
>>>>that is really-really bad.
>>>>
>>>>I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
>>>>findings.
>>>
>>>I like the Ziploc containers, myself.
>>>
>>>N.
>>>

>>
>>My SIL sent us home a ton of leftovers in ziploc containers, and i
>>washed them out and was going to send them back to her. Apparently she
>>just throws them out. I must just be old fashioned or something :)
>>

>
>
> Well, the idea is they don't cost so much that you can't throw or give
> them away now and then. My DIL has an entire cupboard full of ones
> I've given her (I wish she'd give half of them back) ... LOL. I just
> keep buying more.
>
> N.
>


I don't understand the concept of buying a container that is both
reusable and disposable :)

--

saerah

"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
-Baruch Spinoza

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
is another theory which states that this has already happened."
-Douglas Adams
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
> that is really-really bad.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
> findings.
>
> Just put your tongue on the plastic.......it's horrible.
>
> Or is it me?
>
>


No, and rubbermaid containers LEAK!

Every frickin' time.

I've thrown all mine away.

I use the disposable glad or ziplock containers now.
They are good for several uses, hold up better in the microwave and,
most important, THEY DON'T LEAK all over the inside of my bag I take to
work!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <pa3mf.30708$q%[email protected]>,
sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nancy1 wrote:
> > sarah bennett wrote:
> >
> >>Nancy1 wrote:
> >>
> >>>Michael wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>I have some of these inexpensive plastic containers and they emit a taste
> >>>>that is really-really bad.
> >>>>
> >>>>I was wondering if anyone else had some of these if they could confirm my
> >>>>findings.
> >>>
> >>>I like the Ziploc containers, myself.
> >>>
> >>>N.
> >>>
> >>
> >>My SIL sent us home a ton of leftovers in ziploc containers, and i
> >>washed them out and was going to send them back to her. Apparently she
> >>just throws them out. I must just be old fashioned or something :)
> >>

> >
> >
> > Well, the idea is they don't cost so much that you can't throw or give
> > them away now and then. My DIL has an entire cupboard full of ones
> > I've given her (I wish she'd give half of them back) ... LOL. I just
> > keep buying more.
> >
> > N.
> >

>
> I don't understand the concept of buying a container that is both
> reusable and disposable :)


That's the beauty of those things!
Tough enough to be re-usable, cheap enough to be disposable with one too
many adventures in the microwave. <lol>
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

>I find it a nice alternative to Tupperware and the like. I keep them as
>long as they are servicable, but feel no guilt about tossing them when I
>decide they're past their prime.


Cant they be recycled tho?
 
W

Wayne Boatwright

Guest
On Thu 08 Dec 2005 07:12:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I find it a nice alternative to Tupperware and the like. I keep them as
>>long as they are servicable, but feel no guilt about tossing them when I
>>decide they're past their prime.

>
> Cant they be recycled tho?


It may depend on your local recycling regulations.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________________________

A chicken in every pot is a *LOT* of chicken!
 

Guest
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:56:13 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>"Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I like the Ziploc containers, myself.

>
>how come?



I switched to Zip-Locs some time ago.

Went through the pantry and TOSSED all the odd sized
containers and lids that had been filling up the shelves.

Replaced 'em all with 3 sizes of Zip-Loc containers.
It covers 90% of my storage needs !
And, there are only TWO sizes of lid; Square and Round.

I love 'em !

.....and, they're virtually micro-wave-proof.
( even with spaghetti sauce )


<rj>
 
"<RJ>" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I switched to Zip-Locs some time ago.
>
>Went through the pantry and TOSSED all the odd sized
>containers and lids that had been filling up the shelves.
>
>Replaced 'em all with 3 sizes of Zip-Loc containers.
>It covers 90% of my storage needs !
>And, there are only TWO sizes of lid; Square and Round.
>
>I love 'em !


Cool!!

That's the very idea I was having.... replace
everything with a few sizes that covers everything.

Tell me.... what sizes and shapes did you settle on?