Rubbing thigh help.

In article <[email protected]>, supabonbon wrote:

> Dear Thunder Thighs, I've got the same problem. To fix it, I hike my pants up until I have some
> serious male cameltoe. Actually, I'm not totally kidding. But not when I'm walking, only when I'm
> running and I start to feel the burn. Vaseline helps down there too. Who'd have thought it's for
> more than... never mind.

Yeah, the problem with my pants is definitely that the crotch hangs a little too low, and there's no
fabric between my legs. Maybe I should start wearing jeans again. I remember rubbing holes in the
pants, not in my legs.

> One thing I definitely DON'T recommend is Icy Hot or Tiger Balm. Take my word for it.

I can imagine. Fortunately, I'd never try something like that.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> **** wrote:
> > Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> >
> >> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
> >>
> >> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past
> >> couple of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now. My thighs have grown large enough now
> >> that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't cover the area properly, and pants
> >> don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when I walk, there's a section of
> >> thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've rubbed the skin away on my
> >> inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I tried a bandaid, and that
> >> didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling shorts, but I figure I'm
> >> not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the time. I'm going to try
> >> a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
> >>
> >> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
> >>
> >> JS
> >>

> > Have you tried walking like a cowboy? Get a hat and some chaps and no one will think anything
> > of it.
>
> Or just wear a "Gay Pride" tee-shirt.

Now you gone n done it! I'm LOL!

Paladin

In article <[email protected]>, Technician wrote:

> strangely, my thighs are the same size. the only thing that shows of rubbing is a curious lack of
> hair on the inner thigh where they rub from time to time.

That's what I USED to have. Apparently, this year of cycling has given me more leg than before, and
I now have a spot that's bald AND bleeding a little. :p

JS

--

In article <[email protected]>, Kathleen wrote:
> Technician wrote:

>> for a woman? if she was gay, i don't think she would be bow-legged. but then again...
>
> JS is not female, you doof. Even if you haven't been around long enough to pick that up, the clues
> are there in the message (boxer-briefs?!)

That aside, it's true. I'm not female. I didn't think that anyone was paying that much attention to
remember that I'm a guy. :D

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
DNA neither cares nor knows.
DNA just is. And we dance to its music.
-Richard Dawkins

Jan Sacharuk thoughtfully penned:
> In article <[email protected]>, supabonbon wrote:
>
>> Dear Thunder Thighs, I've got the same problem. To fix it, I hike my pants up until I have some
>> serious male cameltoe. Actually, I'm not totally kidding. But not when I'm walking, only when I'm
>> running and I start to feel the burn. Vaseline helps down there too. Who'd have thought it's for
>> more than... never mind.
>
> Yeah, the problem with my pants is definitely that the crotch hangs a little too low, and there's
> no fabric between my legs. Maybe I should start wearing jeans again. I remember rubbing holes in
> the pants, not in my legs.
>
>> One thing I definitely DON'T recommend is Icy Hot or Tiger Balm. Take my word for it.
>
> I can imagine. Fortunately, I'd never try something like that.
>
> JS

dang I guess my panty hose (control style, extra lycra) either didn't show up, went completely over
your heads, or is being ignored.

Penny

> In article <[email protected]>, Kathleen wrote:
> > Technician wrote:
>
> >> for a woman? if she was gay, i don't think she would be bow-legged. but then again...
> >
> > JS is not female, you doof. Even if you haven't been around long enough to pick that up, the
> > clues are there in the message (boxer-briefs?!)
>

> That aside, it's true. I'm not female. I didn't think that anyone was paying that much attention
> to remember that I'm a guy. :D
>
> JS

Hmm, i am very sorry.

Just haven't met any men named Jan so i assumed.
--
~Travis

Penny S. wrote:
> dang I guess my panty hose (control style, extra lycra) either didn't show up, went completely
> over your heads, or is being ignored.

but if you dno' shave, the hair gets all clumpy and pokes through the hose in a most unsighlty
manner. (My Doc suggested I wear them to prevent blood clots after my "big" knee surgery about 6
years ago.)

"Jan Sacharuk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> JS

Have you tried rubbing some baby power on your legs? And Aloe Vera gel on the sores at night.
--
Slacker

> Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Cycling has some nasty side effects.
> >
> > For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past
> > couple of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
> >
> > My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> > cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now
> > when I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where
> > I've rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it
> > heal. I tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy
> > cycling shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around
> > all the time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
> >
> > I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> Go "commando".
>
> JD

AKA: freeballing. This was the solution along with medicated powder the chief corpsman gave me for a
rash a had way back when I was in the Navy.

--

Dave Haley www.geocities.com/bikegeek66

In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:

> dang I guess my panty hose (control style, extra lycra) either didn't show up, went completely
> over your heads, or is being ignored.

I admit, perhaps it went over my head a bit, but it doesn't seem to really make good sense to me.
I'm trying to DECREASE my discomfort, and I can't really see the panty hose making me feel any
better. I mean, the sore is irritating, t'be sure, but it's not really gonna kill me. On the other
hand, wearing panty hose to keep my thighs from rubbing would almost certainly make me batty.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
DNA neither cares nor knows.
DNA just is. And we dance to its music.
-Richard Dawkins

Technician wrote:
<snip>
>>That aside, it's true. I'm not female. I didn't think that anyone was paying that much attention
>>to remember that I'm a guy. :D
>>
>>JS
>

> Hmm, i am very sorry.
>
> Just haven't met any men named Jan so i assumed.

I've known two different guys with that moniker, but they didn't pronounce it "Jan". It came out
more as "Yohn" (rhyming with John).

Dunno how JS pronounces it, though.

Kathleen

>> > JS is not female, you doof. Even if you haven't been around long enough to pick that up, the
>> > clues are there in the message (boxer-briefs?!)
>>

>> That aside, it's true. I'm not female. I didn't think that anyone was paying that much attention
>> to remember that I'm a guy. :D
>>
>> JS
>>

> Hmm, i am very sorry.
>
> Just haven't met any men named Jan so i assumed.

Hah, no worries. I've lived with this for 26 years, so I'm used to it.

I bet you thought to pronounce my name to rhyme with 'Anne'. Actually, in my case, it's pronounced
to rhyme with 'Khan', and has a hard 'J'. So 'Jahn', not 'Yahn'. In the end, I tell everyone to just
call me 'Jon'. Easier than trying to teach everyone how to say it properly. I'm extra screwed,
'cause slavic people immediately assume they know how to say it, and sometimes tell me that I'm
pronouncing my own name WRONG.

I get some funny stories out of it, at least. My girlfriend and I were on a mailing list together
once, and everyone just assumed that we were lesbian lovers (something that we tried to play up for
a while), which was amusing. :)

JS

--

In article <[email protected]>, bomba wrote:
> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>
>>> I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>,
>>

>> Awe c'mon...I'll show you mine if you show me yours:
>> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/clyde1.jpg
>
> Oh man, mine's much worse than that. Oh well, if you can't laugh at yourself...
>
> This was the result of a drunken 'who's got the biggest thighs competition?' in a bar in Madrid.
> If you're going to look at it, put on the sunnies, my thighs have a 10000 candle power rating. And
> *don't* look at the groin of the guy on the right. http://www.j-harris.net/rugby/Madrid/20.jpg

You legs look a lot like mine (though mine are a bit more tanned...a lot more tanned, actually :)

> Bet you looked at the groin of the guy on the right :)

Alas, yes.

>>> about 26" each. I've never had a problem with sores except for when I'm on the beach and wet
>>> sand ends up on the inside of the thigh.

Oh, and I just measured my legs. They're about 26" each as well.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
DNA neither cares nor knows.
DNA just is. And we dance to its music.
-Richard Dawkins

Jan Sacharuk thoughtfully penned:
> In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:
>
>> dang I guess my panty hose (control style, extra lycra) either didn't show up, went completely
>> over your heads, or is being ignored.
>
> I admit, perhaps it went over my head a bit, but it doesn't seem to really make good sense to me.
> I'm trying to DECREASE my discomfort, and I can't really see the panty hose making me feel any
> better. I mean, the sore is irritating, t'be sure, but it's not really gonna kill me. On the other
> hand, wearing panty hose to keep my thighs from rubbing would almost certainly make me batty.
>
> JS

they reduce friction.

penny

Jan Sacharuk wrote:
>>the sunnies, my thighs have a 10000 candle power rating. And *don't* look at the groin of the guy
>>on the right.

"turtle d!ck"

>>http://www.j-harris.net/rugby/Madrid/20.jpg

The guy on the lft has had some knee surgery, eh? I recognize those markings all too well

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

>>> http://www.j-harris.net/rugby/Madrid/20.jpg
>>

> The guy on the lft has had some knee surgery, eh? I recognize those markings all too well

Obviously not that well - I've never had surgery on my knees :)

Those markings (I assume your referring to the patches where the skin is missing) are from a rugby
tournament I played that weekend. All the other marks are just normal scars.

Penny S. wrote:
> Jan Sacharuk thoughtfully penned:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:
>>

>>>dang I guess my panty hose (control style, extra lycra) either didn't show up, went completely
>>>over your heads, or is being ignored.
>>
>>I admit, perhaps it went over my head a bit, but it doesn't seem to really make good sense to me.
>>I'm trying to DECREASE my discomfort, and I can't really see the panty hose making me feel any
>>better. I mean, the sore is irritating, t'be sure, but it's not really gonna kill me. On the other
>>hand, wearing panty hose to keep my thighs from rubbing would almost certainly make me batty.
>>
>>JS
>

> they reduce friction.

Yup. Our dive instructor recommended wearing them as an inner layer under your wetsuit.

Kathleen

Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Kathleen wrote:
> > Technician wrote:
>
> >> for a woman? if she was gay, i don't think she would be bow-legged. but then again...
> >
> > JS is not female, you doof. Even if you haven't been around long enough to pick that up, the
> > clues are there in the message (boxer-briefs?!)
>

> That aside, it's true. I'm not female. I didn't think that anyone was paying that much attention
> to remember that I'm a guy. :D
>
> JS

You are _never_ a guy! No waaayyyy!

Shaun aRe - heh........

In article <[email protected]>, Slacker wrote:

> Have you tried rubbing some baby power on your legs? And Aloe Vera gel on the sores at night.

I'll try that baby powder thing the next time I'm wearing normal pants. (I've been wearing my Oakley
shorts the last couple of days, and they have a fitted lycra short in them.)

JS

--
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
Another day, some other way, but not another reason to continue. And now you're one of us. The
wretched. The wretched.
- "The Wretched", NIN