Rubbing thigh help.

Jan Sacharuk

Guest
Cycling has some nasty side effects.

For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple of
years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.

My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when I
walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've rubbed
the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I tried a
bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling shorts, but
I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the time. I'm going
to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.

I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> JS

strangely, i have the same problem, though without the sore spot (guess your just bigger than me ;-)

One option may be to buy a cheap pair of lycra shorts, maybe trim them so they don't show below
regular clothing. they should help to relive the direct rubbing. and they breath better than any
other option i can think of. i think too most "sports" underwear (of the shorts variety) are close
enough fitting that they may prevent rubbing.

I'm sure all the females here will contradict me though.
--
~Travis

Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> JS

Have you tried walking like a cowboy? Get a hat and some chaps and no one will think anything of it.

Jan Sacharuk thoughtfully penned:
> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> JS

try control panty hose under your clothes.

**** wrote:
> Jan Sacharuk wrote:
>
>> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>>
>> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
>> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now. My thighs have grown large enough now that
>> when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't cover the area properly, and pants don't
>> really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when I walk, there's a section of thigh that
>> rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh,
>> and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of
>> my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound
>> any room to breathe if I wear those around all the time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage
>> tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>>
>> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>>
>> JS
>>

> Have you tried walking like a cowboy? Get a hat and some chaps and no one will think
> anything of it.

Or just wear a "Gay Pride" tee-shirt.

Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?

I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>, about 26" each. I've never had a
problem with sores except for when I'm on the beach and wet sand ends up on the inside of the thigh.
Maybe my legs are just used to it, or it could be that you're wearing rough clothes.

> Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> > Cycling has some nasty side effects.
> >
> > For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past
> > couple of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
> >
> > My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> > cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now
> > when I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where
> > I've rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it
> > heal. I tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy
> > cycling shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around
> > all the time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
> >
> > I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>, about 26" each. I've never had a
> problem with sores except for when I'm on the beach and wet sand ends up on the inside of the
> thigh. Maybe my legs are just used to it, or it could be that you're wearing rough clothes.

strangely, my thighs are the same size. the only thing that shows of rubbing is a curious lack of
hair on the inner thigh where they rub from time to time.
--
~Travis

> **** wrote:
> > Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> >
> >> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
> >>
> >> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past
> >> couple of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now. My thighs have grown large enough now
> >> that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't cover the area properly, and pants
> >> don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when I walk, there's a section of
> >> thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've rubbed the skin away on my
> >> inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I tried a bandaid, and that
> >> didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling shorts, but I figure I'm
> >> not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the time. I'm going to try
> >> a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
> >>
> >> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
> >>
> >> JS
> >>

> > Have you tried walking like a cowboy? Get a hat and some chaps and no one will think anything
> > of it.
>
> Or just wear a "Gay Pride" tee-shirt.

for a woman? if she was gay, i don't think she would be bow-legged. but then again...
--
~Travis

> strangely, my thighs are the same size. the only thing that shows of rubbing is a curious lack of
> hair on the inner thigh where they rub from time to time.

Ditto that, just a bald spot for me as well.

bomba wrote:
> Jan Sacharuk wrote:
>
>> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>>
>> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
>> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now. My thighs have grown large enough now that
>> when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't cover the area properly, and pants don't
>> really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when I walk, there's a section of thigh that
>> rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh,
>> and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of
>> my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound
>> any room to breathe if I wear those around all the time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage
>> tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>>
>> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>

> I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>,

Awe c'mon...I'll show you mine if you show me yours:
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/clyde1.jpg

> about 26" each. I've never had a problem with sores except for when I'm on the beach and wet sand
> ends up on the inside of the thigh.

You get that too, eh?

> Maybe my legs are just used to it, or it could be that you're wearing rough clothes.

And when I wear corduroy pant I make a nice <vVvvtT><vVvvtT><vVvvtT> sound when I walk

Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>
> JS

Dear Thunder Thighs, I've got the same problem. To fix it, I hike my pants up until I have some
serious male cameltoe. Actually, I'm not totally kidding. But not when I'm walking, only when I'm
running and I start to feel the burn. Vaseline helps down there too. Who'd have thought it's for
more than... never mind. One thing I definitely DON'T recommend is Icy Hot or Tiger Balm. Take my
word for it. /s

> bomba wrote:
> > Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> >
> >> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
> >>
> >> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past
> >> couple of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now. My thighs have grown large enough now
> >> that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't cover the area properly, and pants
> >> don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when I walk, there's a section of
> >> thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've rubbed the skin away on my
> >> inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I tried a bandaid, and that
> >> didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling shorts, but I figure I'm
> >> not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the time. I'm going to try
> >> a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
> >>
> >> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
> >

> > I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>,
>
> Awe c'mon...I'll show you mine if you show me yours:
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/clyde1.jpg

<picture pending...>

hey, i got gloves just like those, but fingerless.

their good but could use a bit more padding under the thumb joint (or maybe a change out of grips
may be in order).

Though i must say, if you can pull off lycra, i should be able to. i have about the same build, with
a bit more definition in the upper legs ;-) (sorry, cheap shot)
--
~Travis

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

>> I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>,
>

> Awe c'mon...I'll show you mine if you show me yours:
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/clyde1.jpg

Oh man, mine's much worse than that. Oh well, if you can't laugh at yourself...

This was the result of a drunken 'who's got the biggest thighs competition?' in a bar in Madrid. If
you're going to look at it, put on the sunnies, my thighs have a 10000 candle power rating. And
*don't* look at the groin of the guy on the right. http://www.j-harris.net/rugby/Madrid/20.jpg

>> about 26" each. I've never had a problem with sores except for when I'm on the beach and wet sand
>> ends up on the inside of the thigh.
>

> You get that too, eh?

Uh huh. Painful, isn't it?

>> Maybe my legs are just used to it, or it could be that you're wearing rough clothes.
>

> And when I wear corduroy pant I make a nice <vVvvtT><vVvvtT><vVvvtT> sound when I walk

And tracksuit bottoms make a swooshing noise...

Bet you looked at the groin of the guy on the right :)

Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Cycling has some nasty side effects.
>
> For one thing, I've gotten bigger and stronger with all the riding I've done over the past couple
> of years. Also, I hate walking more than ever now.
>
> My thighs have grown large enough now that when I walk, they rub together. My boxer-briefs don't
> cover the area properly, and pants don't really seperate my legs well enough either. So, now when
> I walk, there's a section of thigh that rubs on each leg. So, now I've got a sore where I've
> rubbed the skin away on my inner left thigh, and I don't know how to stop it and let it heal. I
> tried a bandaid, and that didn't work. None of my clothes do it, except for my non-baggy cycling
> shorts, but I figure I'm not giving the wound any room to breathe if I wear those around all the
> time. I'm going to try a large gauze bandage tomorrow to see if that helps at all.
>
> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?

Go "commando".

JD

> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>
> >> I've got big thighs <debates showing embarassing picture... no>,
> >

> > Awe c'mon...I'll show you mine if you show me yours:
> > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/clyde1.jpg
>
> Oh man, mine's much worse than that. Oh well, if you can't laugh at yourself...
>
> This was the result of a drunken 'who's got the biggest thighs competition?' in a bar in Madrid.
> If you're going to look at it, put on the sunnies, my thighs have a 10000 candle power rating. And
> *don't* look at the groin of the guy on the right. http://www.j-harris.net/rugby/Madrid/20.jpg

yeah, that's about what my legs look like, though maybe not quite as robust.

hmmm, how to take a picture of my own legs. <digs out video camera tripod>

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/legs.jpg no comments on my wear-around-the-house (and biking)
shorts, i know they need washing (worked on my car a bit this morning).
--
~Travis

bomba wrote:
> Bet you looked at the groin of the guy on the right :)

Nope, didn;t pull the pic up yet.... SWMBO is siting on the couch looking over my shoulder.

Technician wrote:

>>**** wrote:

>>>Have you tried walking like a cowboy? Get a hat and some chaps and no one will think
>>>anything of it.
>>
>>Or just wear a "Gay Pride" tee-shirt.
>>

> for a woman? if she was gay, i don't think she would be bow-legged. but then again...

JS is not female, you doof. Even if you haven't been around long enough to pick that up, the clues
are there in the message (boxer-briefs?!)

Kathleen

> bomba wrote:
> > Bet you looked at the groin of the guy on the right :)
>

> Nope, didn;t pull the pic up yet.... SWMBO is siting on the couch looking over my shoulder.

If i recall, i think there was a polarized screen you could place over a monitor so then you had to
be wearing the special glasses to see the screen. theoretically you could be checking the "bad"
sites with your kids beside you. never seen one in person or hear a review of them. just remember
seeing something about them.
--
~Travis

In article <[email protected]>, **** wrote:

>> I'm SURE someone else has had this problem before me. Any advice?
>>

> Have you tried walking like a cowboy? Get a hat and some chaps and no one will think
> anything of it.

I DID think about it briefly, but then remembered that I HATE cowboys.

Jan

--
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
DNA neither cares nor knows.
DNA just is. And we dance to its music.
-Richard Dawkins

In article <[email protected]>, JD wrote:

> Go "commando".

That would just make it worse. The problem is too little cloth between my legs, not too much.

JS