Rucksack

DavidKendall

Guest
Got my eye on a Vango Pumori rucksack - anyone got one and/or got any
comments about it please ?

"DavidKendall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Got my eye on a Vango Pumori rucksack - anyone got one and/or got any
> comments about it please ?

It's a good rucksack let down by the hipbelt. The side tension
straps are attached to a flexible acetal rod that runs from the
sides of the hipbelt round the top of the lumbar pad. When the
straps are tightened the rod pulls the pack into the small of the
back and transfers the weight directly to the hipbelt. This works
well, but unfortunately the belt itself is inadequate. Firstly the
padded section doesn't come far enough round the hips. Even worse,
the soft padding doesn't fully cover the hard outer plate designed
to stop the hipbelt twisting under heavy loads - it digs into
the thighs when walking up steep slopes. The rest of the back system
is fine. Adjusting the shoulder harness is easy as it slides up
and down the central stay. The pack itself is a tall, fairly narrow
one. A long curved zip gives good access to the lower compartment.
The bellows pockets also have long zips and are quite roomy, as is
the lid pocket. The lid contains a rain cover in a zipped pocket.
Unlike other built-in rain covers this is detachable and easily
replaced when worn out.

So I hear.

Ian/CT.

Ian,

Many thanks for your comments. I had a look at the Contour today in
GoOutdoors in Stockport - seems OK and not as expensive as the Pumori.

Regards
Dave

news:[email protected]...