Rucksack

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by DavidKendall, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. DavidKendall

    DavidKendall Guest

    Got my eye on a Vango Pumori rucksack - anyone got one and/or got any
    comments about it please ?

    Tags:

  2. Ian Dainty

    Ian Dainty Guest

    "DavidKendall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Got my eye on a Vango Pumori rucksack - anyone got one and/or got any
    > comments about it please ?

    It's a good rucksack let down by the hipbelt. The side tension
    straps are attached to a flexible acetal rod that runs from the
    sides of the hipbelt round the top of the lumbar pad. When the
    straps are tightened the rod pulls the pack into the small of the
    back and transfers the weight directly to the hipbelt. This works
    well, but unfortunately the belt itself is inadequate. Firstly the
    padded section doesn't come far enough round the hips. Even worse,
    the soft padding doesn't fully cover the hard outer plate designed
    to stop the hipbelt twisting under heavy loads - it digs into
    the thighs when walking up steep slopes. The rest of the back system
    is fine. Adjusting the shoulder harness is easy as it slides up
    and down the central stay. The pack itself is a tall, fairly narrow
    one. A long curved zip gives good access to the lower compartment.
    The bellows pockets also have long zips and are quite roomy, as is
    the lid pocket. The lid contains a rain cover in a zipped pocket.
    Unlike other built-in rain covers this is detachable and easily
    replaced when worn out.

    So I hear.

    Ian/CT.

  3. DavidKendall

    DavidKendall Guest

    Ian,

    Many thanks for your comments. I had a look at the Contour today in
    GoOutdoors in Stockport - seems OK and not as expensive as the Pumori.

    Regards
    Dave

    news:[email protected]