Rucksacks

"Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:27:41 +0100, Simonb
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I need a new rucksack for my commute/ light shopping (20-25 litre). Any
> > recommendations for around £50? The Deuters look promising.

> Some of the Vaude rucksacks are well designed for cycling. Good aeration
> between the sack and the back. Lots of reflective piping on the back and
> straps. Tabs for LED lights. Holders for helmets. Integral rain covers.
> Vaude also make one for EBC in their, unfortunately for cycling rather
> black, colours. You should get change from £50 quid for their 25 litre
> models.
>
> The only complaint I have about mine is that the back system means that
> the rucksack has a curved inner space which means it's not so good for
> large square objects, unlike some of my other sacks of a similar size.
>
> Colin

I have just bought the Vaude 35 litre. Its great. I bought it because
it has a helmet holder for when you are going up a big climb on a hot
day. It really does hold alot. One slight problem I had at first was
that it tended to rise up and knock my helmet forward when it is
empty. But I solved this by discovering some ties that pull bag down.
Very comfortable. £45 but worth it.
Sean.

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> >> You wont be interested in the Aldi one at £8 then, obviously not
> >> expensive enough.

> >How long would it last? Is it as well made a a Karrimor, for example?

I have no idea, but as I dont jump up and down on it or drag it along the
ground or stuff it too full, I dont see why it wont last indefinitely, or
at least outlast me, which is the same thing AFAIAC.

I'd also hazard that it will last longer pound for pound(cost) than the
karrimor. I also wouldnt mind betting that things like karrimoor are made in
a similar (or even the same) place to the aldi bag, but the label hikes the
price 10x. Like the famous-name brand shirts I bought a few years ago in
mauritius from the factory. Without label £2, with label £20, or in UK £50.

--
Tw

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:56:12 +0100, "Simonb"
<[email protected]>:

>> You wont be interested in the Aldi one at £8 then, obviously not
>> expensive enough.

>How long would it last? Is it as well made a a Karrimor, for example?

Karrimor appear to be trading on reputation these days.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk