Rudy Rx Glasses

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Monty, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Monty

    Monty Guest

    I will be buying a pair of Rudy glasses with optical inserts. I am leaning
    towards the Radons. Does anyone have any experience with these glasses? Do
    the glasses have adequate ventilation to prevent fogging?

    Which ones do you prefer?

    Thanks
    Monty

    Tags:

  2. Monty wrote:
    > I will be buying a pair of Rudy glasses with optical inserts. I am leaning
    > towards the Radons. Does anyone have any experience with these glasses? Do
    > the glasses have adequate ventilation to prevent fogging?
    >
    > Which ones do you prefer?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Monty

    Not to throw a wrench in your search but you might wwant to check this
    out:

    http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2963

  3. Monty wrote:
    > I will be buying a pair of Rudy glasses with optical inserts. I am leaning
    > towards the Radons. Does anyone have any experience with these glasses? Do
    > the glasses have adequate ventilation to prevent fogging?
    >
    > Which ones do you prefer?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Monty

    Not to throw a wrench in your search, but you might want to check this
    out:

    http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2963

  4. I prefer RP's RB3 shades with inserts b/c you can flip up the shades
    when going inside or when it gets dark, and still see through the
    inserts. I've noticed them on sale on several catalog websites. (I
    prefer inserts to Rx lenses b/c when it rains you can see better when
    the outer lens gets wet but not the Rx insert.) Good luck.

  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    If you want Rudys with prescription lenses you should call
    Rx-Spex. Their url is:

    http://www.rx-spex.com

    I bought a pair of Rudy Graal frames with prescription lenses with no
    inserts from them. I would highly recommend not using inserts, contray to
    other advice. Call Jim at Rx-Spex. They are cyclists and they understand
    your needs. Per Jim he does consulting w Rudy Project on rx lenses.

    Alan

    "Monty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I will be buying a pair of Rudy glasses with optical inserts. I am leaning
    >towards the Radons. Does anyone have any experience with these glasses?
    >Do the glasses have adequate ventilation to prevent fogging?
    >
    > Which ones do you prefer?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Monty

  6. Suz Weldon

    Suz Weldon Guest

    "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you want Rudys with prescription lenses you should call
    > Rx-Spex. Their url is:
    >
    > http://www.rx-spex.com
    >
    > I bought a pair of Rudy Graal frames with prescription lenses with no
    > inserts from them. I would highly recommend not using inserts, contray to
    > other advice. Call Jim at Rx-Spex. They are cyclists and they understand
    > your needs. Per Jim he does consulting w Rudy Project on rx lenses.
    >
    > Alan

    I agree. Rx in lens is far superior to Rx inserts. Rx inserts can fog up
    so badly you can't even see, and it's really hard to clear them.