Votes: 5 17.9%
  • SOUTH AFRICA

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • WALES

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Lazy legs

Feb 27, 2002
Time is drawing close for the start of RWC '03. Who will be going home with the Web Ellis Trophy this year? :confused:

I voted for NZ, it's going to be a close call between them and England. I think that the English might be a better team but what made me vote in NZ's favor is the way they performed in Australia during the Tri Nations tournament, England has not played on Australian soil for some time and that might count against them.
The home team has got an advantage but their performance in the Tri Nations was unconvincing.
My heart will be supporting the Springboks all the way but they have a long way to go, there has been some improvement lately but I don’t see them going past the quarters or semi’s, if they do make it to the final then you better watch out for them!
It will be an interesting WC thats for sure.

The boys from Oz will reign supreme. They will peak at just the right time.

Why isn't Canada on the list (but Italy is)? OK, far fetched and out of my element here with all the aussies, kiwis, brits, and boks, but let's not forget the 8th place Canuck finish in the first world cup ;)
If I had to put money on it... the Kiwis are looking strong.

Obviously would like to see the Aussies do it but can't see us beating the Kiwis.
Hope to hell that England don't win as we don't want that style of play encouraged!!! You can count on one hand the number of times their score is not divisible by 3....

Going with my heart, i'd love to see Wales lift the trophy but in reality i think its going to be the boys in black. ( don't rule out the French though )

Yeah Yeah Yeah Boring Boring England.

Back to back wins over all the southern hemisphere nations - all games won with more tries than the oppo

and still no respect.

Role on.

Originally posted by Lazy legs
Time is drawing close for the start of RWC '03. Who will be going home with the Web Ellis Trophy this year? :confused:

Clearly nobody here is tipping with their heads, just with their hearts!!

How the All Blacks can be beaten (despite through a bad northern hemisphere referee) is beyond me!!

cheers

The official SA team was announced this weekend. Not bad, although I would have swapped a few players. They left out quite a few of the big names i.e. AJ Venter, Brent Russel etc.

Overall a very balanced team, youth vs. experience. However, I do believe they could have left Schalk Burger out.

Just on the topic of Rugby. I'm glad to hear that Geo has been found not guilty on the Racist Charge. IMO I think it was a low blow from Davidson to get Geo out the squad for him to get in. Too bad that jungle justice was served and neither are now in the squad. But that is just my opinion.

Anyway, SA Rulez! :D

Good to see the unbeaten run of the English come to an end on the weekend.

Quote :
Good to see the unbeaten run of the English come to an end on the weekend

and Wales had their 2nd win on the trot. OK, it wasn't pretty but it was a win, and we're desperate for those right now.