Rugby World Cup : France 2007

lwedge said:
How is the U.S. doing..... ?
whistle.gif

-
At least they get an invite. When was the last time a European or southern hemisphere baseball team was allowed to qualify for the Baseball World Series?

Crankyfeet said:
At least they get an invite. When was the last time a European or southern hemisphere baseball team was allowed to qualify for the Baseball World Series?
Rugby is something I know little about. I used to see it played quite a bit in Sacramento some years ago but not much outside the city. It's all Soccer, Track and Field, Basketball, Baseball and Football around here... It seems many of the Baseball Diamonds are being converted to Soccer Pitch.

The past 5 years I have seen quite a bit more Crickett played as well.

Does anyone know if it's being televised in U.S. ?

-

Hard to know how Ireland will do, there's a chance we mightn't make it out of the group, but looking at the Argentina Wales game, we should just sneak past them

We have to beat Argentina - we have to beat them by more than 7 points and we have to score four tries against them, in order to get out of the group stage.

Looking at how badly we played against Namibia, Georgia and France - I think our worldcup is over.
I don't think we'll get past Argentina.

:confused: Heard from a friend that South Africa beat England 30 - 0.... How could that have happened?

Is that a reflection on the state of the sport in Britain, meaning that Rugby is perhaps losing its popularity (and best players) somehow?

-- Jan in BC, Canada

jan_nienaber said:
:confused: Heard from a friend that South Africa beat England 30 - 0.... How could that have happened?

Is that a reflection on the state of the sport in Britain, meaning that Rugby is perhaps losing its popularity (and best players) somehow?

-- Jan in BC, Canada
36\0

SA played better on that day.

limerickman said:
I think the Aussies will win - but not by much.
Considering the whipping the South Africans gave them, I'd take a guesstimate & say at least 26 / 13 in OZ's favour.... But then, I'm no Rugby expert!

Jan in BC, Canada

So.... Who was the biggest dog, Argentina or France? :confused:

SCO and NZ,, go'n home :eek: ;)

Lw

England V France and South Africa V Argentina : are the two semi fianl matches this weekend.

Should be good contests both.

limerickman said:
England V France and South Africa V Argentina : are the two semi fianl matches this weekend.

Should be good contests both.
I might be able to see them... Whoo hoo!

Weren't France and Agentina heavy underdogs in last weekends matches? I thought France had a better chance at knocking off NZ but I didn't think SCO would lose to Argentina.

lw

lwedge said:
I might be able to see them... Whoo hoo!

Weren't France and Agentina heavy underdogs in last weekends matches? I thought France had a better chance at knocking off NZ but I didn't think SCO would lose to Argentina.

lw

Argentina have been playing some really good stuff in the RWC : Scotland gave them a great game last weekend.
Argentina have been the form side - they beat France (and Ireland) in their group matches :

NZ were fancied to beat France - but France were dogged and fought and fought.
NZ couldn't get by them : France were superb.

France England will be a classic hopefully.
England have started to play : i think it will be a South Africa England final.

limerickman said:
Argentina have been playing some really good stuff in the RWC : Scotland gave them a great game last weekend.
Argentina have been the form side - they beat France (and Ireland) in their group matches :

NZ were fancied to beat France - but France were dogged and fought and fought.
NZ couldn't get by them : France were superb.

France England will be a classic hopefully.
England have started to play : i think it will be a South Africa England final.
Thanks for your thoughts and prognostications Lim... I hope I will be able to see some of the remaining matches on Versus.

lw

World Cup Final takes place tomorrow evening in Saint Denis.

ENGLAND V SOUTH AFRICA.

Hard one to call........very difficult in fact.
I have a sneaking suspicion that England could, could, win it.
Rivetting stuff nonetheless.

limerickman said:
World Cup Final takes place tomorrow evening in Saint Denis.

ENGLAND V SOUTH AFRICA.

Hard one to call........very difficult in fact.
I have a sneaking suspicion that England could, could, win it.
Rivetting stuff nonetheless.
My bet is South Africa to win. Any takers???

Crankyfeet said:
My bet is South Africa to win. Any takers???
hehe!! if we were talking cricket......no South Africa would win that as well......maybe Lawn bowls:D