Ruined. Irretrievably ruined.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Kayote, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Kayote

    Kayote Guest

    How's this for a wreck? Lesson learned? Don't have your uni in the
    back of a car when you crash and burn.

    | Attachment filename: burnt uni.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/290166|

    Kayote

    Greg, your cartoonin' unicycler.

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562

  2. THAT IS SO COOL.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - SWAT

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    "Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

    "try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
    Mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  3. Erin

    Erin Guest

  4. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    lol .. no wonder they never found Hoffa ... :D

    Was is just an electrical fire outof control..? or an accident ...?

    I hope your OK, and that they didn't find Hoffa's teeth :D

    That frame is heat tempered now... it's stonger ! :D

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
    1899
    if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  5. jagur

    jagur Guest

    you sould aution that carcuss off on here to fund a new one.

    --
    jagur - Sealed in Pixels

    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  6. Try to ride it.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - SWAT

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    "Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

    "try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
    Mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  7. bugman

    bugman Guest

    You can't post a picture like that without more of an explanation. Now
    you have people worried about you. Are you okay? If that's the uni
    what happened to the car? Hope you are ok.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    -"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
    hillbilly but when you're drinking saltwater in the 2nd floor of your
    beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
    sunny day."- - maestro8

    -"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
    are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
    Albert Einstein

  8. Kayote

    Kayote Guest

    Okay, first off, it wasn't my uni, my jeep, nor my accident. But the
    involved guy doesn't post here, and I just couldn't let the image go to
    waste. I thought everyone here might like it.

    Here's the tale:

    I ride with three other guys on trails. One of the guys is a sixteen
    year old who just got his driver's license. He's not a bad driver, did
    his graduated learner's permit stuff without incident, and his dad-
    another one of the trail riders- taught him to drive off-road and
    everything.

    All that wasn't enough to keep him from plowing a stately ol' deciduous
    hardwood on one side of a gravel road. He and his bud John (the fourth
    in our riding group) got out of the Jeep Cherokee just about the time it
    caught fire.

    The unicycle, which was his late Christmas gift, and which he and his
    dad had been planning on and saving for, was in the back of the jeep.

    The missing crank melted off of it. Look at the picture again. Eek.

    The frame's probably salvageable, but that's about it. Heat Tempered
    now, just like Digital Dave says.

    --
    Kayote

    Greg, your cartoonin' unicycler.

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562

  9. Wow, that's got to be the most messed up uni I have ever seen. What
    brand was it originally?

    Thanks for sharing the photo!

    --
    UNIquelyCanadian - 8~)[==)-O

    "The skull is great helmet, and with no brain inside you can have
    maximum protection; your teeth are safe " - Always wear a helmet.
    UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

  10. paco

    paco Guest

  11. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    Gravel roads = much fun :D

    He probably 'lost it' in a 'fishtail'.

    I remember a gurl ... :D affectionatly called "Plastic Pam"
    (only adults get an explaination)

    ... she was 'having fun' while I was in her car...
    ... when she 'lost it' in a 'fishtail' ...
    ... the car slid horizontal to the ditch on the opposite side of the
    road... and sloooowwwwly rolled up onto it's side...

    She fell on top of me... and I was eating grass throu the passenger
    window :D

    We couldn't push it back over.

    It was a long 'drunken walk' in the middle of nowhwere ....

    .. ah yes... the memories of small town fun :D

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
    1899
    if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  12. Kayote

    Kayote Guest

    I believe it was this wheel, though I hadn't seen it often enough yet to
    really remember...

    | Attachment filename: unni24m.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/290212|

    Kayote

    Greg, your cartoonin' unicycler.

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562

  13. Kayote

    Kayote Guest

    And here's the lost, lamented jeep...

    | Attachment filename: burnt cherokee02.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/290213|

    Kayote

    Greg, your cartoonin' unicycler.

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562

  14. bugman

    bugman Guest

    No, that couldn't be it... It was defenitely the 2005 KH24. Well as
    far as insurance is concerned.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    -"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
    hillbilly but when you're drinking saltwater in the 2nd floor of your
    beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
    sunny day."- - maestro8

    -"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
    are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
    Albert Einstein

  15. this end up

    this end up Guest

    ive got your back

    --
    this end up - lone unicyclist

    i'm the only unicyclist in my town yet every one says they wish they
    could unicycle. i say i wish they had perserverance
    :cool:
    my unicycle is too sexy for me:(:D

    this end up's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9487

  16. DigitalDave

    DigitalDave Guest

    ooo .. thats a high speed impact.

    By the circumfrence of that dent... that tree probably wasn't phased.
    He's a lucky guy,,, any glass in the face, or contusions from the
    steering wheel to the chest ?
    (I'm *shuttering* from a similar experience)

    --
    DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
    my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
    that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
    1899
    if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

  17. UniBrier

    UniBrier Guest

    bugman wrote:
    > *No, that couldn't be it... It was defenitely the 2005 KH24. Well as
    > far as insurance is concerned. *

    Not if I was the claim rep. This insurance adjuster knows the
    difference.

    You bugman, me adjusterman.:D

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve DeKoekkoek

    Hop Drop & Roll

    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

  18. bugman

    bugman Guest

    UniBrier wrote:
    > *Not if I was the claim rep. This insurance adjuster knows the
    > difference.
    >
    > You bugman, me adjusterman.:D *

    Better take a closer look, I know in your unicycling heart of hearts
    that it's a 2005 KH24 it was a recent purchase.;)