ruined the sprot?

chester

Guest
I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:35:17 -0700, chester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

> Bet you spell 'peloton' peleton too.

isn't it pellatun?

wrote:

>I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

Bet you spell 'peloton' peleton too.

FWIW, the sprot will be great this year - the 'scandals' will
discourage the July 1 to early August crowd of newbies, who insist on
discussing the Tour de France and the way Bobke pronounces it Tour Day
France. So this year we can ignore that race in France and argue over
who would have won if they were allowed to enter, but weren't. My
virtual podium is:

1. Basso
2. Landis
3. Pereira (edges out Ullrich, as Jan was technically a retirement)

and wonderfully, Zabel shakes off old age and wins the green.

The last is shaky - he may lose the green by being allowed to race
afterall.

I don't have a mountain jersey. What's with those guys? All the
virtual winners of the polka dots have retired, unless I missed
someone in all the retirements and confessions and allegations.

And nominating a virtual white jersey is downright cynical. Not going
to go there.

Curtis L. Russell
temprary rbr Pointing Out the Obvious Czar.
Someone has to do it so everyone else can get on with their day.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:35:17 -0700, chester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

> Bet you spell 'peloton' peleton too.
>
> FWIW, the sprot will be great this year - the 'scandals' will
> discourage the July 1 to early August crowd of newbies, who insist on
> discussing the Tour de France and the way Bobke pronounces it Tour Day
> France. So this year we can ignore that race in France and argue over
> who would have won if they were allowed to enter, but weren't. My
> virtual podium is:
>
> 1. Basso
> 2. Landis
> 3. Pereira (edges out Ullrich, as Jan was technically a retirement)
>
> and wonderfully, Zabel shakes off old age and wins the green.

Eh, not bad. But I think Lemond has proven himself master of the virtual
podium. These others are Johnny come latelys. The simple fact that they
don't know how to keep their own secrets doesn't qualify them for
anything special. Lemond's secrets will go to the grave with him.

On May 24, 8:08 pm, Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:
> ... The simple fact that they
> don't know how to keep their own secrets doesn't qualify them for
> anything special. Lemond's secrets will go to the grave with him.

Except of course for the secret he told to a guy he thought to be
dishonest,
whom he advised that keeping such secrets is harmful, then continued
keeping the secret (except for the folks he's already told).

Victor Kan wrote:
> On May 24, 8:08 pm, Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:
>> ... The simple fact that they
>> don't know how to keep their own secrets doesn't qualify them for
>> anything special. Lemond's secrets will go to the grave with him.

> Except of course for the secret he told to a guy he thought to be
> dishonest,
> whom he advised that keeping such secrets is harmful, then continued
> keeping the secret (except for the folks he's already told).

Yeah, but that's really the same old Lemond secret in slightly different
clothes. "Look at ME, everybody, I'm a great big victim." Whether he is
Landis' victim or Hinault's or someone else's is of little importance.
Meanwhile the "Greg Lemond's just a big clean 'ol Boy Scout out to save
the world from itself" facade remains.

I DO like the twisted way you phrased that, however. Nicely said.

On May 24, 2:01 pm, Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:35:17 -0700, chester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

> Bet you spell 'peloton' peleton too.
>
> FWIW, the sprot will be great this year - the 'scandals' will
> discourage the July 1 to early August crowd of newbies, who insist on
> discussing the Tour de France and the way Bobke pronounces it Tour Day
> France. So this year we can ignore that race in France and argue over
> who would have won if they were allowed to enter, but weren't. My
> virtual podium is:
>
> 1. Basso
> 2. Landis
> 3. Pereira (edges out Ullrich, as Jan was technically a retirement)

I thought Pereiro wasn't implicated in anything.. he messed up the
paperwork for a TUE, but that all blew over.

> and wonderfully, Zabel shakes off old age and wins the green.
>
> The last is shaky - he may lose the green by being allowed to race
> afterall.

Danilo Hondo will do as a reserve.

> I don't have a mountain jersey. What's with those guys? All the
> virtual winners of the polka dots have retired, unless I missed
> someone in all the retirements and confessions and allegations.

Roberto Heras, perhaps?

> And nominating a virtual white jersey is downright cynical. Not going
> to go there.

Could have been Alberto Contador, but Fuentes actually came out and
said he had never met him.. not that a man like that can be taken at
his word, but the cloud is off of his head.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> FWIW, the sprot will be great this year - the 'scandals' will
> discourage the July 1 to early August crowd of newbies,

But they will be replaced by the self righteous crowd of newbies.

In article
<[email protected]>,
Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:35:17 -0700, chester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I cant think of a more entertaining year since I started watching in 2000.

> Bet you spell 'peloton' peleton too.
>
> FWIW, the sprot will be great this year - the 'scandals' will
> discourage the July 1 to early August crowd of newbies, who insist on
> discussing the Tour de France and the way Bobke pronounces it Tour Day
> France. So this year we can ignore that race in France and argue over
> who would have won if they were allowed to enter, but weren't. My
> virtual podium is:
>
> 1. Basso
> 2. Landis
> 3. Pereira (edges out Ullrich, as Jan was technically a retirement)
>
> and wonderfully, Zabel shakes off old age and wins the green.
>
> The last is shaky - he may lose the green by being allowed to race
> afterall.
>
> I don't have a mountain jersey. What's with those guys? All the
> virtual winners of the polka dots have retired, unless I missed
> someone in all the retirements and confessions and allegations.
>
> And nominating a virtual white jersey is downright cynical. Not going
> to go there.

I feel a serious attack coming on. You need not worry
about July. You will enjoy an abundance of sad cases
who feel cheated out of their just rewards by jealous
colleagues, the old boys network, bribery, the popular
but stupid, crooked deals, the better looking, etc.
entertaining every possible excuse for not being
invited to the big time who will vent their spleen by
denouncing dopers in the most hateful terms.

--
Michael Press

On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:06:01 -0700, Michael Press <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I feel a serious attack coming on. You need not worry
>about July. You will enjoy an abundance of sad cases
>who feel cheated out of their just rewards by jealous
>colleagues, the old boys network, bribery, the popular
>but stupid, crooked deals, the better looking, etc.

Yeah, but unless they are a virtual jersey nominee or good for the
virtual podium, I plan to ignore them. Speaking of the virtual podium,
how could I possibly have forgotten the virtual (as opposed to
virtuous) podium girls? A touch old now, but:

Left: Diane Lane
Right: Naomi Watts

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)