Rules of racing?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by CatSpin, Jun 19, 2003.

1. CatSpin

CatSpin New Member

Members:

Man has the local 4/5 crit circuit been full of comments lately..

Watch your line
    Don't push us outside
    Easy on the braking etc..etc.

I swear this one team on our local crit should be given microphones just to support their need to let the rest of the race think they know what they are talking about.

Good topic though. ARE THERE ANY HARD FAST RULES to racing in the peleton. If you come up a little to fast on a rider and want to maintain the draft, is it "cool" to brake or best to drift slightly beyond the rider then fade back in.

What your opinion on passing on the left or right, or middle. Our local cirt race is a tight circuit with about 80-100 riders. Though I think some of the riders comments are constructive...most tend to be bullsh*t, or, maybe have I not been fully educated in such "rules' yet.

If they exist, can anyone provide me with the master list.

CatSpin

Tags:

2. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

I'll agree with the 3 you mentioned, especially the line. As an example, during the Argus, one of the top riders just went left and took out a few other. IMO if you don't follow those 3 then you have a good chance not to take someone else out but maybe even yourself.

3. Brizza

Brizza New Member

Line is definetly important,
    approaching a rider to quickly? it depends how moderate you will be on your brakes, sometimes it is best if you go wide.
    Don't over lap wheels.
    Watch for other riders on corners.
    In the sprint keep a straight line and don't look back (you lose a lot of time as well).
    We had a crash in D Grade recently when 2 riders boxed a rider in, thoughts anyone?

Brian