Rumour: Kloden tested positive so he just pulled out

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
There is a rumour Kloden tested positive, so he just upped and left, first plane home, will retire.

Makes sense, Contador needed him today (before hindsight) and the shock of him pulling out would have been an added stress. And he was one of the strongest yesterday, so how could he have such an obvious jour sans.

thunder said:
There is a rumour Kloden tested positive, so he just upped and left, first plane home, will retire.

Nonsense. The UCI is responsible for Giro testing. As long as Kloden rides for Bruyneel, the UCI will never test him positive.

Cobblestones said:
Nonsense. The UCI is responsible for Giro testing. As long as Kloden rides for Bruyneel, the UCI will never test him positive.
Unless Bruyneel wants rid of him...

thunder said:
if he is positive, this will hurt Astana.
True, still not heard more from about this rumour other than this site. A german site which is pretty accurate normally has nothing.

Have we already transitioned from the stage where this was a rumour on the wind to it being taken as fact? Lets face it the most probable explanation is that he got ill?

thoughtforfood said:
Unless Bruyneel wants rid of him...
Why would he want to? Kloden won the Romandie, he helped Contador to win the Giro yesterday. And even if he wanted to, he would find a much better way which doesn't hurt the team or himself.

Cobblestones said:
Why would he want to? Kloden won the Romandie, he helped Contador to win the Giro yesterday. And even if he wanted to, he would find a much better way which doesn't hurt the team or himself.
Still not heard anything from the other site, and his website he writes he had a fever over night and had nothing left to give...this could just be a wild rumour, where did you hear it thunder?

Cobblestones said:
Freiburg, and he isn't a Bushie...Gives him plausable denial. Kloden was from the "old" guard. However, let me also state that I think Kloden was sick and left and this has nothing to do with a positive. I just like to stir the pot.

thunder said:

Makes sense, Contador needed him today (before hindsight) and the shock of him pulling out would have been an added stress. And he was one of the strongest yesterday, so how could he have such an obvious jour sans.

The story I'm getting is that the UCI reported to Astana team management that Kloden has some interesting blood levels. This was told to Kloden during today's stage. He climbed off his bike & not been seen since. I think he's had enough. Not sure if its a positive or just further investigation. Either way Kloden has had jack of it. We'll never see him on a bike again.

If Kloden tested positive and has been getting dropped on the climbs like he has been then it isn't working, and retirement is the way to go. :)

jimmypop said:
How will America's Team survive without one of its stars? :eek:
Kloden was always a stepbrother anyway. I'm sure that none of the cultists are going to shed any tears for him.

This is exactly why cycling is seen to be the dirtiest sport in the world..

If you win everyone says you doped.
If you get sick - you doped.
If you pull riders before the tour started they doped.
If they get beaten the others doped.
If you fart you doped.

If he is bust by all means cricufy him but "my brother said my aunty said his hairstylist reported grey in his hair so he must be doping" stories just make a bad situation worse. And for what? So the rest of us think you have a inside track into cycling? Wow you must be important.

Eldron said:

If you fart you doped.

If he is bust by all means cricufy him but "my brother said my aunty said his hairstylist reported grey in his hair so he must be doping" stories just make a bad situation worse. And for what? So the rest of us think you have a inside track into cycling? Wow you must be important.

Look, there is no reason to get so worked up about this. There is some speculation about doping, while others have responded that there is no confirmation of the rumour. Are you saying that there should be no discussion at all? And the reason for the speculation is that some have used precisely this excuse in the past. So, it is the cyclists' fault that their credibility is zero; not ours.

Eldron said:

If you fart you doped.

Again, I suggest www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/
You will like their rules better.

You know what says 'doping in cycling' to me? Sella's Dolomite performance and his collusion with Astana. Contador winning the Giro with no training, dental problems, hayfever and a cracked elbow.

Ok so when does the probation end? When do we stop seeing a pimple on a cyclist's face and call him a doper? When do we see anybody win anything without calling them a doper?

Is there ever going to be an end or do we just carry on yelling "doper"? It's a bit like crying wolf forever...

Eldron said:
Ok so when does the probation end? When do we stop seeing a pimple on a cyclist's face and call him a doper? When do we see anybody win anything without calling them a doper?

Is there ever going to be an end or do we just carry on yelling "doper"? It's a bit like crying wolf forever...
It will end when there is a credible clean up of the sport. Not the "cleaning" that is happening at the present moment under the dysfunctional leadership of the UCI. But seriously, if you are sick of the talk here, I second TFF's suggestion...