Rums-ass

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Chimp, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    So Rumsas has decided to protect his reputation by filing a defamation suit against the French judge
    who ridiculed him in the press. And what great sum is he suing this judge for, saying he impuned his
    reputation? One euro. Yep. He feels his reputation is worth about a buck. Personally, I think he's
    overestimated it by about 2 Euros.

    What a pathetic doping scumbag.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Chump

    Ronde Chump Guest

    If this is true, it's actually a good thing. We may all have our opinions about Rumsas (and his drug
    dealing wife), but the fact remains that he didn't test positive for anything (which is the
    incompetence of the testing organization, IMO).

    Maybe they'll take a closer look at the treatment of the athletes, and the possibility that some may
    actually NOT be cheating dopers. Just wait until Simoni's lawyers start looking for the financial
    damages due to getting thrown out of the Giro, then de-selected from The Tour.

    The good of it will be that the testing agencies will HAVE to be ABSOLUTELY sure that a guy is
    cheating, and if there's any doubt, that he goes free (Moninger). Instead of this b.s. system that's
    in place now......

    Ronde Chump

  3. Cucycln

    Cucycln Guest

    I don't think it has anything to do with $$$$$$$$ It's the way the FRENCH handle their affairs.
    Guilty until proven innocent. Damn good thing that the French judge from the Ice Skating wasn't
    there.... MMMMMMMMM French are building a reputation...or maybe justifying the one they got already!
    "ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So Rumsas has decided to protect his reputation by filing a defamation suit against the French
    > judge who ridiculed him in the press. And what great sum is he suing this judge for, saying he
    > impuned his reputation? One euro. Yep. He feels his reputation is worth about a buck. Personally,
    > I think he's overestimated it by about 2 Euros.
    >
    > What a pathetic doping scumbag.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  4. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On 17 Dec 2002 18:32:47 GMT, [email protected] (Ronde Chump) wrote:

    >If this is true, it's actually a good thing. We may all have our opinions about Rumsas (and his
    >drug dealing wife), but the fact remains that he didn't test positive for anything (which is the
    >incompetence of the testing organization, IMO).
    >
    >Maybe they'll take a closer look at the treatment of the athletes, and the possibility that some
    >may actually NOT be cheating dopers. Just wait until Simoni's lawyers start looking for the
    >financial damages due to getting thrown out of the Giro, then de-selected from The Tour.
    >
    >The good of it will be that the testing agencies will HAVE to be ABSOLUTELY sure that a guy is
    >cheating, and if there's any doubt, that he goes free (Moninger). Instead of this b.s. system
    >that's in place now......
    >
    >Ronde Chump

    Chumpster:

    I agree with you regarding the treatment of athletes. If this was a Moninger-type situation I'd be
    pleased. But for Rusmas to even pretend he's innocent is laughable. Sure he didn't test positive for
    doping - hmm, could that be due to the boot-ful of masking agents his wife was toting in her car?

    Simoni on the other hand has a huge case. He should sue for millions; a successful lawsuit like his
    could do a lot to advance the cause of accused athletes. But for Rums-ass to sue for *one* euro says
    a lot about his case, and doesn't help cyclists at all.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  5. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:03:00 +0100, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> "ronde chimp" <[email protected]>

    >> > I've read in a couple of articles that probenicid (sp?) was among his mother's
    >> > medications...which I believe is a masking agent. If it's not then my bad.
    >> >

    >> It is a masking agent, but it itself is on the banned list. Isn't it what Simoni was busted for
    >> in the Giro or was it one of the other guys?
    >
    >Garzelli was busted for probenecid. Simoni was busted for coke.

    BTW, where can one buy some of those Peruvian cocaine candies? I have some Heroin Caramel Bits, but
    they lack that ooomph...

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  6. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:24:14 -0600, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >> But for Rusmas to even pretend he's innocent is laughable. Sure he didn't test positive for
    >> doping - hmm, could that be due to the boot-ful of masking agents his wife was toting in
    >> her car?
    >>

    >Which of the drugs in her car were masking agents?

    I've read in a couple of articles that probenicid (sp?) was among his mother's medications...which I
    believe is a masking agent. If it's not then my bad.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  7. Jim Gravity

    Jim Gravity Guest

    > "ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > But for Rusmas to even pretend he's innocent is laughable. Sure he didn't test positive for
    > > doping - hmm, could that be due to the boot-ful of masking agents his wife was toting in
    > > her car?
    > >

    > Which of the drugs in her car were masking agents?

    actovegin and human serum albumin.

  8. "ronde chimp" <[email protected]>

    > >Which of the drugs in her car were masking agents?
    > >

    > I've read in a couple of articles that probenicid (sp?) was among his mother's medications...which
    > I believe is a masking agent. If it's not then my bad.

    It is a masking agent, but it itself is on the banned list. Isn't it what Simoni was busted for in
    the Giro or was it one of the other guys?

  9. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  10. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest