Rumsas in the news

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Scott Hendricks, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Yea, I know we should wait for the 'B' sample test results, but...

    Rumsas is scum!

    see the Velonews story.

    I'm sure not many are surprised by this.

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Scott Hendricks)

    >Yea, I know we should wait for the 'B' sample test results, but...
    >
    >Rumsas is scum!
    >
    >see the Velonews story.
    >
    >I'm sure not many are surprised by this.

    I just hope his wife pulls a Bobbit on him after he left her rotting in jail, all the while
    claiming innocence. Bill C

  3. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yea, I know we should wait for the 'B' sample test results, but...
    >
    > Rumsas is scum!
    >
    > see the Velonews story.
    >
    > I'm sure not many are surprised by this.

    I am surprised. For important races riders are usually taking only drugs that cannot be detected.
    And Rumsas knows of course that he is an easy target. I wonder what went wrong.

    Benjo Maso

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>
    > > I'm sure not many are surprised by this.
    >
    > I am surprised. For important races riders are usually taking only drugs that cannot be detected.
    > And Rumsas knows of course that he is an easy target. I wonder what went wrong.

    As payback for letting Edita sit in jail, his wife and mother-in-law spiked the undetectable
    stuff with EPO.

  5. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    what a surprise. I bet his excuse will be he was set up.....like merckx of old......

  6. Us

    Us Guest

    My enlightned sister wouldn't post this herself so I will........

    so i got a question: where, one wonders, did rumsas get the idea that he could ride a grand tour
    doped to the gills on epo and pass doping control? Now, everyone suspects that rumsas rode the
    tour last year on epo - not only did his hemato. increase over the course of the tour, but there
    was that unfortunate incident with his wife's trunk full of goodies. And yet, somehow, runsas
    managed to pass his drug tests at the tour - and he was tested at least twice, as i recall. One
    year later, rumsas shows up to the giro. Takes his epo to ride well enough to keep his job - he
    didn't have an especially stellar giro, but respectable enough. And then, in what must have been a
    surprise, tests positive. How does one explain this? Passes the dope tests at the tour. Fails at
    the giro. Kinda makes you wonder what exactly they're testing for at the tour. Perhaps they just
    throw the samples away once they have the photo shoot of everyone reporting for testing? Things
    that make you go hmmm...

    and yet Galdeano is banned for French races for asthma meds..............
    hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

    benjo maso wrote:
    > "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Yea, I know we should wait for the 'B' sample test results, but...
    >>
    >>Rumsas is scum!
    >>
    >>see the Velonews story.
    >>
    >>I'm sure not many are surprised by this.
    >

    > I am surprised. For important races riders are usually taking only drugs that cannot be detected.
    > And Rumsas knows of course that he is an easy target. I wonder what went wrong.
    >
    > Benjo Maso

  7. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My enlightned sister wouldn't post this herself so I will........
    >
    > so i got a question: where, one wonders, did rumsas get the idea that he could ride a grand tour
    > doped to the gills on epo and pass doping control? Now, everyone suspects that rumsas rode the
    > tour last year on epo - not only did his hemato. increase over the course of the tour, but there
    > was that unfortunate incident with his wife's trunk full of goodies. And yet, somehow, runsas
    > managed to pass his drug tests at the tour - and he was tested at least twice, as i recall. One
    > year later, rumsas shows up to the giro. Takes his epo to ride well enough to keep his job - he
    > didn't have an especially stellar giro, but respectable enough. And then, in what must have been a
    > surprise, tests positive. How does one explain this? Passes the dope tests at the tour. Fails at
    > the giro. Kinda makes you wonder what exactly they're testing for at the tour. Perhaps they just
    > throw the samples away once they have the photo shoot of everyone reporting for testing? Things
    > that make you go hmmm...
    >
    > and yet Galdeano is banned for French races for asthma meds..............
    > hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

    The two most famous dopers in the history of the bicycle racing are Erik de Vlaeminck and Johan van
    der Velde. Both were completely addicted to amphitamines. After their careers both were arrested,
    had to do some time and underwent detoxification. Both of them were great champions, won a lot of
    races and were tested many times. Nothing is easier to detect than amphitamines. De Vlaemynck
    passed all drug tests easily, Van der Velde was caught once - but they didn't find traces of
    amphitamines, but of steroides. How did they do it? I don't know. Did they buy it off? Perhaps.
    According to Jean-Christophe Currit a positive test could be bought off in the 1990's for forty to
    sixty thousand francs. He himself tested positive in Paris-Bruxelles, but thanks to his team
    manager it was covered up.

    Benjo Maso

  8. "us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]ion.com...
    > My enlightned sister wouldn't post this herself so I will........
    >
    > so i got a question: where, one wonders, did rumsas get the idea that he could ride a grand tour
    > doped to the gills on epo and pass doping control? Now, everyone suspects that rumsas rode the
    > tour last year on epo - not only did his hemato. increase over the course of the tour, but there
    > was that unfortunate incident with his wife's trunk full of goodies. And yet, somehow, runsas
    > managed to pass his drug tests at the tour - and he was tested at least twice, as i recall. One
    > year later, rumsas shows up to the giro. Takes his epo to ride well enough to keep his job - he
    > didn't have an especially stellar giro, but respectable enough. And then, in what must have been a
    > surprise, tests positive. How does one explain this? Passes the dope tests at the tour. Fails at
    > the giro. Kinda makes you wonder what exactly they're testing for at the tour. Perhaps they just
    > throw the samples away once they have the photo shoot of everyone reporting for testing? Things
    > that make you go hmmm...
    >
    > and yet Galdeano is banned for French races for asthma meds..............
    > hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

    Remember that only a few of the plethora of drugs found with Mrs. Rumsas were performance enhancing.

    The rest?

    I'll guess there were some masking agents. I'll also guess that Rumsas doesn't have the resources to
    figure out which ones work best.

    Just my guesses, don't get too worked up.

  9. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Perhaps he blood boosted with his sick mother-in-law's blood and urine switched with her urine.

    "us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My enlightned sister wouldn't post this herself so I will........
    >
    > so i got a question: where, one wonders, did rumsas get the idea that he could ride a grand tour
    > doped to the gills on epo and pass doping control? Now, everyone suspects that rumsas rode the
    > tour last year on epo - not only did his hemato. increase over the course of the tour, but there
    > was that unfortunate incident with his wife's trunk full of goodies. And yet, somehow, runsas
    > managed to pass his drug tests at the tour - and he was tested at least twice, as i recall. One
    > year later, rumsas shows up to the giro. Takes his epo to ride well enough to keep his job - he
    > didn't have an especially stellar giro, but respectable enough. And then, in what must have been a
    > surprise, tests positive. How does one explain this? Passes the dope tests at the tour. Fails at
    > the giro. Kinda makes you wonder what exactly they're testing for at the tour. Perhaps they just
    > throw the samples away once they have the photo shoot of everyone reporting for testing? Things
    > that make you go hmmm...
    >
    > and yet Galdeano is banned for French races for asthma meds..............
    > hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
    >
    > benjo maso wrote:
    > > "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>Yea, I know we should wait for the 'B' sample test results, but...
    > >>
    > >>Rumsas is scum!
    > >>
    > >>see the Velonews story.
    > >>
    > >>I'm sure not many are surprised by this.
    > >

    > > I am surprised. For important races riders are usually taking only drugs that cannot be
    > > detected. And Rumsas knows of course that he is an easy target. I wonder what went wrong.
    > >
    > > Benjo Maso

  10. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > what a surprise. I bet his excuse will be he was set up.....like merckx of old......

    I read in today's paper that Lance Armstrong claimed a lifetime suspension for Rumsas if he indeed
    tested positive for a 2nd time in 1 year.

  11. Bart

    Bart Guest

    "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote
    > I read in today's paper that Lance Armstrong claimed a lifetime suspension for Rumsas if he indeed
    > tested positive for a 2nd time in 1 year.

    No you didnt read that. Rumsas was not found positive last season. So Lance certainly didnt say
    it that way.

  12. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Bart wrote:
    > "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> I read in today's paper that Lance Armstrong claimed a lifetime suspension for Rumsas if he
    >> indeed tested positive for a 2nd time in 1 year.
    >
    > No you didnt read that. Rumsas was not found positive last season. So Lance certainly didnt say it
    > that way.

    And it's not Lance's job to suggest doping penalties. It would behoove him to just shut his piehole
    and race his bike.

  13. In article <[email protected]>, "Kyle Legate"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > And it's not Lance's job to suggest doping penalties. It would behoove him to just shut his
    > piehole and race his bike.

    We should applaud any racer stepping up and suggesting that cheaters get a stiff ban. Enough of this
    not crossing the "spandex line" (reference to police blue line).

  14. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    chiefhiawatha wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Kyle Legate"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > And it's not Lance's job to suggest doping penalties. It would behoove him to just shut his
    > > piehole and race his bike.
    >
    > We should applaud any racer stepping up and suggesting that cheaters get a stiff ban. Enough of
    > this not crossing the "spandex line" (reference to police blue line).

    Lance must know that anything said will be thrown back in his face if he is ever implicated.

  15. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    if I were racing clean I would run my mouth like there was no tomorrow against all the druggies. if
    they didn't like it they could kiss my clean ass.....

    "David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > chiefhiawatha wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Kyle Legate"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > And it's not Lance's job to suggest doping penalties. It would behoove
    him
    > > > to just shut his piehole and race his bike.
    > >
    > > We should applaud any racer stepping up and suggesting that cheaters get a stiff ban. Enough of
    > > this not crossing the "spandex line" (reference to police blue line).
    >
    > Lance must know that anything said will be thrown back in his face if he is ever implicated.

  16. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    JTN wrote:
    > if I were racing clean I would run my mouth like there was no tomorrow against all the druggies.
    > if they didn't like it they could kiss my clean ass.....

    It wouldn't be too clean after being run into the ditch a few times.

  17. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    then I would take my clean ass out of the ditch and kick the shit out of the weasel that hooked me.
    and then tell him to go get some more steroids if he wants to be able to defend his drug addicted
    self against my manly clean ass..... for instance rumsas, it would take me about 10 seconds to knock
    him out, steal his drugs out of his pocket, sell them and take my girlie out for a good dinner with
    the profits.....hows that for American ingenuity?

    news:[email protected]...

  18. "David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > chiefhiawatha wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Kyle Legate"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > And it's not Lance's job to suggest doping penalties. It would behoove
    him
    > > > to just shut his piehole and race his bike.
    > >
    > > We should applaud any racer stepping up and suggesting that cheaters get a stiff ban. Enough of
    > > this not crossing the "spandex line" (reference to police blue line).
    >
    > Lance must know that anything said will be thrown back in his face if he is ever implicated.
    Then problem here is implicated.......because you know the French will implicate even with out
    reason, evidence or anything else......

  19. "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > JTN wrote:
    > > if I were racing clean I would run my mouth like there was no tomorrow against all the druggies.
    > > if they didn't like it they could kiss my clean ass.....
    > >
    > It wouldn't be too clean after being run into the ditch a few times.

    Or being bitched out by LANCE like the French rider who tried preaching like that a few summers ago.

    Carl (evidently I suck at recalling names)