Rumsas?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Why isn't Rumsas racing? He tested positive in 2003. His suspension was only one year if I remember correctly, and the case precedes the ProTour. Has he been blacklisted? It seems a little odd.

Last I heard he was doing grand fondos in Italy.

Bro Deal said:
Why isn't Rumsas racing? He tested positive in 2003. His suspension was only one year if I remember correctly, and the case precedes the ProTour. Has he been blacklisted? It seems a little odd.

one woulda thought Amore & Vita and Saunier Duval would have had a bite

Bro Deal said:

He's very happy doing cyclo-cross and other half baked events with little controls and very he's been very successful..... making a good salary as well......... he doesn't need to finish 3rd in the Tour along with the **** that goes with it... he can do these events and take as much **** as he wants…

whiteboytrash said:
He's very happy doing cyclo-cross and other half baked events with little controls and very he's been very successful..... making a good salary as well......... he doesn't need to finish 3rd in the Tour along with the **** that goes with it... he can do these events and take as much **** as he wants…
Surely his wife is happier he's doing it that way.

He's doing and winning almost every Sunday racing in Gran Fondo.
At the begin of the year he missed a doping control.
I give you this curiosity fact....during Gran Fondo Pantani, this year, after doing the Gavia and the Mortirolo the final loop was the same as the 1994 Giro Stage won by Pantani (when he gave 3 minutes to Indurain climbing the Santa Cristina)........well this year Rumsas was only 2 minutes over that loop time compared to Pantani '94....after 150 km of race.... :rolleyes:

Yup, happily sponsored by Parkpre Italy, winning every Gran Fondo he enters. People are beginning to get a bit annoyed - you and I go out and make the time to train for a Gran Fondo taking bits and pieces of time away from work and family, and this guy rides and trains like a pro.

Oh well. He got whistled at in the last few GFs and people are beginning to tell him what they think of his 'racing' career here. He will continue riding as long as they pay him, of course.

Powerful Pete said:
Yup, happily sponsored by Parkpre Italy, winning every Gran Fondo he enters. People are beginning to get a bit annoyed - you and I go out and make the time to train for a Gran Fondo taking bits and pieces of time away from work and family, and this guy rides and trains like a pro.

Oh well. He got whistled at in the last few GFs and people are beginning to tell him what they think of his 'racing' career here. He will continue riding as long as they pay him, of course.

Very interesting.
Rumsas is folowing the path of other eastern European stars like Piotr Urgrumov.
Urgromov did the same thing : finished 3rd in the TDF and effectively disappeared to pursue a career in the semi/pro,grandfondo circuit in Italy.
Obviously there is a living in it.

Wonder will Tonkov go the same route.
He's based in Italy, if I recall correctly.

Doctor.House said:
DOPING thread!

Actually it's a discussion about Rumsas.

It's not a mono-themed repetition of subject matter from copied and pasted throughout many threads, Dr.House.

As compared with mono-theme myths of clean teams or personal favorite riders?

examples of mono-themes:
Troy Ellerman is a Balco partner, not an attorney?
Robobank is ethical?
Jan Ulrich is clean?
T-Mobile has a strong anti-doping plan in place?
Slipstream is still clean despite TDF riders?
LAF does good work?
WADA & UCI are fighting crime?

Some errors are too ridiculous to ignore.

Doctor.House said:
As compared with mono-theme myths of clean teams or personal favorite riders?

examples of mono-themes:
Troy Ellerman is a Balco partner, not an attorney?
Robobank is ethical?
Jan Ulrich is clean?
T-Mobile has a strong anti-doping plan in place?
Slipstream is still clean despite TDF riders?
LAF does good work?
WADA & UCI are fighting crime?

Some errors are too ridiculous to ignore.

Not throughout multiple threads they're not.

I can understand why a rider would want to ride smaller races if it kept them home and the money was good. Being a pro rider has to be difficult on the family.
At some point in a career a rider has to acknowledge he isn;t going to win the big one.

wolfix said:
I can understand why a rider would want to ride smaller races if it kept them home and the money was good. Being a pro rider has to be difficult on the family.
At some point in a career a rider has to acknowledge he isn;t going to win the big one.
But then again, Rumsas racing Gran Fondos is like Schumacher (of Ferrari F1 fame) racing in your local kiddie go-kart championship. Come on... this is ridiculous.

The whole thing is farcical - this guy is riding against people with day jobs and families that have to make huge sacrifices to be able to race.

And he's not the only one, of course. Timothy Jones is one of his team mates too.
I can bet Rasmussen will come to race Gran Fondo next year :eek: if he stays without pro contract.

wolfix said:
Letting your wife rot in jail is bad for the family too but that didnt stop Rumsas.