Run away as fast as you can ?

Doe

Guest
Clin Chim Acta. 2004 Mar;341(1-2):165-72. Related Articles, Links

Blood lactoferrin release induced by running exercise in normal volunteers: antibacterial activity.

Inoue H, Sakai M, Kaida Y, Kaibara K.

Radioisotopes Institute for Basic and Clinical Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67
Asahi-machi, Kurume 830-0011, Japan.

Background: The aim of this study was to determine serum lactoferrin concentrations and serum
antibacterial activity before and after running exercise. Methods: Twenty-four healthy young men
were randomly assigned to high, middle, or low intensity of exercise groups (5000 steps running at
180, 130, and 80 steps/min, respectively). Blood samples were collected at baseline and immediately,
1 and 4 h after exercise. Concentrations of circulating neutrophils, serum lactoferrin, iron in
whole blood, and serum iron were measured. Antibacterial activity of serum was evaluated using live
Micrococcus luteus. Results: The numbers of circulating neutrophils were increased by 20.0% and
15.5% 1 h after exercise in high and middle groups (both P<0.01), respectively. Serum lactoferrin
concentrations were significantly increased immediately after exercise by 48.3% and 33.0% in the
high and middle groups (both P<0.01), respectively. No significant changes in total iron or serum
iron concentrations were observed during the study. Antibacterial activities of serum collected
immediately after exercise in the high and middle groups were significantly stronger than those
before exercise, by 31.2% and 25.4% (both P<0.05), respectively. Conclusions: Serum lactoferrin
concentrations are increased immediately after running exercise and may play an antibacterial role
in host defenses before mobilization of neutrophils into the circulating pool.

PMID: 14967173 [PubMed - in process]

------

Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

And what exactly are we to make of this, how does it relate to any body of theory, to what practical
use is it, and to what goal can it be useful? Without this information it is but another random
abstract plucked from the web, one among thousands of such.

>Subject: Re: Run away as fast as you can ?
>From: [email protected]
>Date: 2/19/2004 10:28 AM Mountain Standard Time
>
>And what exactly are we to make of this, how does it relate to any body of theory, to what
>practical use is it, and to what goal can it be useful? Without this information it is but another
>random abstract plucked from the web, one among thousands of such.

I leave it up to those who have the basic friggin idea about iron and the immune system as it
relates to the .. immunity.. to understand.

I leave it to YOU .. to .. read my lips ..

I'll give you an out .. a new phrase you can use as a sig line is .. IPI .. and maybe I'll answer
one of your .. stupid .. questions ..

OK ..?

IPI - I plead ignorance

Who loves ya. Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

Make your best case my friend Tom, we are waiting, otherwise:

And what exactly are we to make of this, how does it relate to any body of theory, to what practical
use is it, and to what goal can it be useful? Without this information it is but another random
abstract plucked from the web, one among thousands of such.

"doe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clin Chim Acta. 2004 Mar;341(1-2):165-72. Related Articles, Links
>

> Blood lactoferrin release induced by running exercise in normal
volunteers:
> antibacterial activity.

> The numbers of circulating neutrophils were increased by 20.0% and 15.5% 1 h after exercise in
> high and middle groups (both P<0.01), respectively.

This sin't news. this is why children often have "unexplained" neutrophilias.

> Serum lactoferrin concentrations were significantly increased immediately after exercise by 48.3%
> and 33.0% in the high and middle
groups
> (both P<0.01), respectively. No significant changes in total iron or serum
iron
> concentrations were observed during the study.

Another own goal ?

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow doe rambled on
about "Re: Run away as fast as you can ?." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition
retorts, thusly ...

>I leave it up to those who have the basic friggin idea about iron and the immune system as it
>relates to the .. immunity.. to understand.

No! That is not how it works!

Stop polluting these ngs with your abstracts.

Too gutless to comment? Then STOP posting, doe.

On my newsletter, I review two new research studies a day. And, I comment on every one of them. :)
--
John Gohde,
Achieving good Health is an Art, NOT a Science!

Health-with-Attitude is a weekly newsletter for people
trying to follow a Healthy Lifestyle.

>Subject: Re: Run away as fast as you can ?
>From: [email protected]
>Date: 2/19/2004 11:45 AM Mountain Standard Time
>
>Make your best case my friend Tom, we are waiting, otherwise:

If you encounter someone .. with .. a disease .. a .. communicable .. disease .. it would be ..
wise .. to jog quickly .. away .. due to the fact .. a slow jog .. DOES NOT RAISE THE IMMUNITY OF
THE BODY ..

Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

Tom advises we move with haste away from someonewho is ill, which allows
even less understanding about posting the original abstract in this ng,
such that: