Runner Survives Tsunami

Lanceandrew

Guest
Disaster is not ordeal wherein one can always easily profile a point of light
and not appear to be insensitive and or not politically correct to the "whole"
and enormity of the event. I think as runners if caught in the circumstances
of what we've seen in the news...we would have an edge and advantage over
non-runners. I came across a story which kind of illustrated this thought I
had. Two women walking together down a road and warned to run. One mentioned
to be a distance runner, the other is not mentioned to be a runner. The runner
has survived, her companion that is not mentioned to be a runner is missing.
Not drawing any conclusions and I am sure among the 26,000+ killed some were
runners. However...having said that...and with no intention of being
insensitive to the disaster...I can't help but imagine that in this story
below...being a runner (physically & mentally) made the difference between life
& death for this woman.

________
By ESTANISLAO OZIEWICZ
With a report from Tu Thanh Ha in Montreal
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 -

Still reeling from the aftershocks of his own tsunami nightmare, Vancouver
schoolteacher Michael Lang refused yesterday to leave what was once a Thai
tourist paradise and is now a scene of horror and devastation.

Mr. Lang, his girlfriend, Rubina Wong, and his sister, Christine, were among
hundreds of Canadians spending Christmas on Thai beaches. Yesterday, in the
wake of the natural disaster that has claimed more than 26,000 lives, he
continued to search for Ms. Wong. His 33-year-old sister survived the waves
that appear to have swept away Ms. Wong, 25, of Richmond, B.C.

Two Canadians were killed in Thailand and a third died on the southern tip of
Sri Lanka, the Foreign Affairs Department said. Two other Canadians are listed
as missing in Thailand, five are unaccounted for in Indonesia and 11 are
unaccounted for in the Maldives.

On Sunday, the day of the massive earthquake that led to the killer waves, Mr.
Lang decided to go scuba diving while his sister and girlfriend planned to
attend a spa.

"Michael is quite fit and strong, both in his upper and lower body," Michael's
father, William Lang, said in an interview from Vancouver where he is an
emergency-room physician.

"He recalls jumping over fences and running to a hill. He got high enough up
that the water never reached him."

Dr. Lang, who has spoken to his children several times by phone, said that his
son was at the scuba kiosk about to be outfitted with his gear when he saw the
water approaching.

It was far different for Ms. Lang and Ms. Wong.

Dr. Lang said that they were on the road walking to the beach spa when they
first heard people shouting and then saw people running toward them.

"Thai people were saying, 'Run! Run!' then they could see the water coming. It
was incredible and very, very frightening, especially the experience in the
water, which was really a near-death experience."

Ms. Lang, a long-distance runner, took off and when she looked to find Rubina,
Ms. Lang "was in the water, hit by metal roofing, debris, with her life
flashing by her and a determination she was going to fight," Dr. Lang said.

"A second wave came and seemed to clear the debris and she made her way to the
roof of a hut, and from there to a rooftop of a hotel and [was] rescued by a
naval vessel who took them to Phuket Island."

Dr. Lang said that his daughter was treated at a local hospital for cuts and
bruises and released. Yesterday, she travelled to Bangkok. As for his son:
"He's on Phuket still looking for his girlfriend. He's lost his partner and it
is so difficult. He's absolutely determined to search and find her, if
possible."

Lanceandrew wrote:
> I think as runners if caught in the circumstances
> of what we've seen in the news...we would have an edge and advantage

over
> non-runners.

That's probably true in this case. I wonder though. Distance runner's
have very low bodyfat percentages. If there was a situation that
required survival with no food, a normal human might survive long
enough to be resucued.

tkb

> [...]
>water, which was really a near-death experience."
>
>Ms. Lang, a long-distance runner, took off and when she looked to find
>Rubina,
>Ms. Lang "was in the water, hit by metal roofing, debris, with her life
>flashing by her and a determination she was going to fight," Dr. Lang said.
>
>"A second wave came and seemed to clear the debris and she made her way to
>the
>roof of a hut, and from there to a rooftop of a hotel and [was] rescued by a
>naval vessel who took them to Phuket Island."
>
>Dr. Lang said that his daughter was treated at a local hospital for cuts and
>bruises and released. Yesterday, she travelled to Bangkok. As for his son:
>"He's on Phuket still looking for his girlfriend. He's lost his partner and
>it
>is so difficult. He's absolutely determined to search and find her, if

You dork! What do you think, she outran the waves? Was she able to survive
because she could hold her breath longer? I mean what kind of stupidity brings
you to this conclusion. Send me some of that stuff yer smokin'.

StarDate: December 27, 2004
EM electro magnetic G gravity
W weak force S strong force
EM G GW EMS all together
is what metaphysic or rr al Quantum M. is trying to figure.
the what is every thing.
string theory. pbs nova.
This runner
not really out run.
snip and cut.
A giant magnetic "bubble"
protects Earth from much of the solar wind -- a steady flow of
charged particles from the Sun.
The bubble is produced by the motions of Earth's partially molten
core. Different regions of the core spin at different speeds. That acts
like an electric dynamo, producing a magnetic field that encircles
Earth. The field deflects particles of the solar wind around our planet.
Several other planets generate magnetic bubbles, too.
much like Earth does -- different layers within the planet rotate at
different speeds. On Earth, the magnetic field is offset from our
planet's axis, so a compass points several degrees away from true north.

Watch for Saturn near the Moon all night long. december 27 2004
runner
hard to out run I say.
unless L F D..long fast distance

600 mph.
30 feet high.
maybe lvf d vf very fast

The life and times of Nimrod
philosophy Date: Mon, Dec 27, 2004,
Nimrod, the great grandson of Noah, was perhaps the most damaging and
feared incarnation of Satan, that ever walked the Earth.   He
continued in and established firmly his pagan trinity of himself as the
father of heaven, his son Tammuz as the savor and his wife Semiramis as
the mother of heaven supposedly conceived the boy through a virgin
birth. Tammuz, had fulfilled much of the prophecy but failed when he
could not raise himself from the dead and his mother weeped. That
infuriated Nimrod, who began to oppose directly the Hebrew, cause once
more. It was he who began crucifixion and the letter T was in honor of
his son as were hot cross cakes and 40 days of lent. Crucifixion became
the worst way for a christian to be killed....a great suffering and even
greater humiliation.
====================================
Nimrod was feared from the anticipation of even his birth. His father
consumed 11 of his kids trying to prevent his being born and seeking to
take his spirit. Cush and Nimrod are the same beings as Chronos and Zeus
in Greek Mythology. Cush was just in his fear and in his worry as his
son did overtake all his army and lands. Cush was the father of all
Ethiopia and India.....and Nimrod did cease them forcing his father to
flee to the southern tip of Italy.
The pagan trinity did infest itself around the world. The codex
hammerabi , states the god Bel, did descend and give men the law. Bel
was the Israelite and Phonician name for Nimrod. His craft was capable
of massive destruction as stated often as Zeus, did throw fire down from
above the heads of men which is a known characteristic shared by
individuals Satan, Elijah and even Jesus, who were men from above which
did have that same capability.
Nimrod was later called Zeanebogus, or the fake god, the impersonator by
the Swedes and Chaldees...the name also means the black god of the seed
of Cush....... Another name for him was Gilgamesh, since it is stated
that he built the walls of Ureck,,,Nimrod too was said to have built not
only those walls but also nine other cities of Mesopotamia......He
fought desparately against his mortality and tried to build a launch
tower to the heavens which was thrawted by GOD, in confounding the
tongues of his men and causing their displacement. He sought to enter
heaven of his own will which simply won't due. He did die, only to be
reborn later as another king of Babylon, and yet again as the King of
Tyre.
=====================================
It was also Nimrod, who over took a bull others says leopard and still
others yet a lion, without weapon . And thus, the horns of the bull
became a symbol of his strength and later even the whole bull became
symbol of divinity among the Africans, Native American Indians,
Norsemen, and Eastern India,,,,,,it was also the reason the Israelites
sought to make a calf of GOLD, after obtaining their freedom from Egypt.
And the reason bull fighting began in Spain, and Mexico as the matador
was the impersonator of Nimrod. Later upon the discovery of it evil they
began the symbolic running of the bull as in chasing the devil our of
town not wishing to give up the sport entirely. Even today, Nimrods
bull, Lion and two headed Eagle can be seen in certain business logos
and also among major manufactures.

non-Euclidean
A non-Euclidean geometry is a geometry in which Euclid's parallel
postulate fails, so that there is not a unique line failing to meet a
given line through a point not on the line.
If there is more than one such "parallel" the geometry is called
hyperbolic; if there is no line which fails to meet the given one, the
geometry is called elliptic.

profile a point of light?

winter starts 7;49 a.m. december 21 2004

numberus years painting. by the hour or job, you buy the paint and
supplies. Local of Ortonville Michigan. phone not in the book. e mail
only please. for work only or contact. ( a nature person. most likely be
outside.)
e-mail. [email protected]

>numberus years painting. by the hour or job, you buy the paint and
>supplies. Local of Ortonville Michigan. phone not in the book. e mail
>only please. for work only or contact. ( a nature person. most likely be
>outside.)
>e-mail.

Tom you dumbazz, I emailed you about work, and you never responded! That's no
way to run a business.

Speaking of the Tsunami, I knew the Nasum singer who's missing in the
below story...

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: NASUM VOCALIST MIESZKO TALARCZYK MISSING IN
THAILAND

It's very hard for us to make this announcement, but since rumours are
already out on the Internet we must make an official statement: Mieszko
Talarczyk is missing in Thailand.

Mieszko and his girlfriend went to Thailand to spend the holidays. They
left a few days before Christmas and were scheduled to return right
after New Years Eve.

They were staying in a bungalow at Phi Phi Island and when the big wave
came and swept the bungalow away the two were seperated. Mieszko's
girlfriend is being reported hospitalized "badly injured" but she has
been in contact with among others Mieszko's sister who has been posting
an "I'm looking for..." at the Phuket Disaster Forum.

This is everything we know right now. Since we are all shocked by this
surreal situation we strongly advice fans of Nasum to respect the
anxiety we and the Talarczyk and Thorén families feel at this time,
and NOT post questions by email or in the guestbook at nasum.com. We
will post all sorts of news on the website, but again, please respect
our wish in this uneasy time.

Sincerely,
Anders, Jon and Urban of Nasum.
Martha
Real Men wear pants over their asses

>However...having said that...and with no intention of being
>insensitive to the disaster...I can't help but imagine that in this story
>below...being a runner (physically & mentally) made the difference between
>life
>& death for this woman.

Yeah...I'm sure that was the case with lots of others who survived this tragedy
too.

>Yeah...I'm sure that was the case with lots of others who survived this
>tragedy
>too.

Didn't you hear? It was only runners who lived.

e-mail.
Tom you dumbazz, I emailed you about work, and you never responded!
That's no way to run a business.

I don't want to do ****.
and you too far for my bike to get there in time.
and I amnot ready yet to do tri 's
swim bike run.
butt closer to alot of others here.
Note the (!)butt was not ment for you.
6 no node (-!-) O.
5 days rested and day 6 I out the door Dude and Duel est. No duel.
bound.
might get my 2- 27 inch tires today and some socks and underwear. do
laundry next week.
1 week into winter and got a relief after 5 days of artic weather. and
10 inch snow.

105 miles short of 7½ miles a day times 365 or 2737
got 2632 miles

maybe do laundry, january and febuary are the worst for cans pick up
here in country.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
sound of the world flying thru space.
chemical compounds of magma=sick people.
diamonds are brought to surfaces.
fema well decide sometime today best action to take there.
Time to ride again all.
bill stop trying to hire me.
and the u.s.a. Presedent well talk on it.
all I kow.
sorr for there lst.
4 year J Ceasar.
and 2,000 year water cycle when Jesus was born. or 2004.
I sa outsa hersa nowahhhhhh

fab....why do you think the article noted she was a long distance runner? her
father even noted how she would "fight".

i think it's rather clear, especially in the context that she was adjacent to a
friend who was 8 years younger than her....when they were warned to "run" (for
their lives) literally.

now to some extent that was literally needed thing to do at the moment...and
every second and inch of progression up and away from the approach water
counted and made the difference between life and death for many.

but more importantly and i thought to the point. the issue imo spoke to
endurance, stamina, and determination. <-these are the
qualities/characteristics that i thought that article spoke to that made the
difference between life and death for the two women.

2 people found themselves in a situation where survival meant having the
qualities of a marathon runner you might say. well...guess what...one of the
people was indeed a distance runner....and as we know she survived while her
friend is missing...

>fab....why do you <snip>

What are you smoking? Do you know how fast a tidal wave comes in at? Being a
runner or not would have nothing to do with it. I know several "couch potatos"
who when sufficently scared (I do think a 20' high wall of water qualifys) get
an andrenaline rush sufficent to blow-off the fastest, most experienced runner.
This also applys to strength, the strongest person I ever met didn't lift
weights.

>I don't want to do ****.

It's way too small anyways Tom. Once I saw the pic I knew why.

**** stars ride Harlys.

>and I amnot ready yet to do tri 's

3 guys is the best Tom.

>swim bike run.

With that attitude, you'd be here in no time.

>butt closer to alot of others here.

Butt yeah...
>Note the (!)butt was not ment for you.

I'm hurt, deeply...

>6 no node (-!-) O.

Oggle la pogo?

>5 days rested and day 6 I out the door Dude and Duel est. No duel.
>bound.
>might get my 2- 27 inch tires today and some socks and underwear.

Ok butt remember, the underwear go on YOU, and the tires go on the BIKE, not
the other way around! Then you won't get arrested again.

> do
>laundry next week.

Yes, it is the end of the month.

>1 week into winter and got a relief after 5 days of artic weather. and
>10 inch snow.

5 days to whackit? wow...

>105 miles short of 7=BD miles a day times 365 or 2737
>got 2632 miles

Me do 7- 12, then integer of 2, times 54.

>maybe do laundry, january and febuary are the worst for cans pick up
>here in country.

Don't worry Tom, by March someone will surely try to pick up your can. Even you
can get lucky in march.

>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>sound of the world flying thru space.

Interesting, because I hear "touch me Bill, i'm down here" when the worlds
right.

>fab....why do you think the article noted she was a long distance runner?
>her
>father even noted how she would "fight".

So what? Pure ****! She did not outrun a tidal wave. Pure luck was the only
thing that kept her alive. Running had nothing to do with, because NOBODY
outran the wave on foot.

7 12 2 52
A O.K.
7 3 or 7 4 more rational number 7½ or 7¼
to 7 .1 or 7 miles.

leave cops and sex out of it.
when leg was good to run I was beet by ', sec ' min and h hours by
people who not work and I was tick off then. because I did work and do
inside and little outside to none.
so = now I know.
mine be most all on bike.
yours all be most on runs.and work.

we both survived tsunami.
Lets move on. soon to 2005.
(find some high ground and re group. for new years revolutions.) in
Health and on the run. more yours then mine. L.S.D.
I am with a backpack and all outside.