Runners Unite - Ban Dogs!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Robert, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go out
    of my way during my daily run. I have the right to be out in public and a right to be left alone.
    What really pisses me off are the dogs who run up to the end of their yard barking startling me and
    causing me maybe to run into traffic. This is an assault by legal definition and the owners do not
    have a right to let this happen. It must stop. Recently I was almost attacked by a Mastiff (a dog
    the size of almost a horse)during my run. When I backed off in fear the owner laughed at me. You
    know what? Many dog owners

    (this will never be)I would have apologized profusely and chastized the dog, not laughed at the
    scared guy. I would like to start the process of passing a law which bans ALL DOGS in the US (and
    then in all other countries). Dogs are bad. If anyone is in agreement and/or offer any suggestions
    please post here. Time to go Fido!

    Tags:

  2. Ruger9

    Ruger9 Guest

    On 6 Feb 2004 01:31:17 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:

    >I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go out
    >of my way during my daily run. I have the right to be out in public and a right to be left alone.
    >What really pisses me off are the dogs who run up to the end of their yard barking startling me and
    >causing me maybe to run into traffic. This is an assault by legal definition and the owners do not
    >have a right to let this happen. It must stop. Recently I was almost attacked by a Mastiff (a dog
    >the size of almost a horse)during my run. When I backed off in fear the owner laughed at me. You
    >know what? Many dog owners

    >(this will never be)I would have apologized profusely and chastized the dog, not laughed at the
    >scared guy. I would like to start the process of passing a law which bans ALL DOGS in the US (and
    >then in all other countries). Dogs are bad. If anyone is in agreement and/or offer any suggestions
    >please post here. Time to go Fido!

    Ever hear of pepper spray?

  3. I guess that owners are bad and not the dogs....

  4. On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:25:55 -0000, "Alexander J. South" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I guess that owners are bad and not the dogs....

    I think we should be permitted legally to carry and use a RPG to destroy *anything* that upsets us
    during our runs.

  5. Been done. Join the Marines today!

    "In another life, when we are both cats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:25:55 -0000, "Alexander J. South" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I guess that owners are bad and not the dogs....
    >
    > I think we should be permitted legally to carry and use a RPG to destroy *anything* that upsets us
    > during our runs.

  6. Tom Wheeler

    Tom Wheeler Guest

    I got bit yesterday, I slow with 2 after me on my bike. I use to and still want to. race them on my
    bike, some times I win. some times I don't: this is fun. some dogs are a regular fun race. I think
    they know we race. in 15 month I have never been bit. WHY...... yesterday I got bit because: because
    I slowed down for a ice hill. stupid. I know. here I be the one that say slow down or there well be
    trouble. because ice well make you fall. well in my case, bit. no big deal. dog was clean, ran me
    down. thinking maybe a armored calf wear. I got a in sent round burner I found in trash and took
    apart. was also a salmon flash for home made hooks. anyways. glad this 11 year old girl was found. I
    had some dogs taken and used for pit bull fights once. never new who. well new. the kid nappers.
    just not the people who make the money. it was 5 buck a dog. butt then this was over 20 years ago.
    My bite is because I was stupid. What is your reasons. Dogs got to be fast. other wise They would be
    like the news people.so full of bull. cops are cops, I talk too them alto. most just a polite hello.
    I re speck them. only thing I am guilty of is not leaving stupid greedy low life scum that can come
    up with never ending reasons of what I am. I am now with out a job, unemployment or any help with
    money for 15 month now. butt my mom and dad help me. I pick up 10 cent cans to eat ad learn to live
    life as a bum. I love this, life as a bum. I quit smoking, drinking, and exercise in nature every
    chance my old body can take. I get a never ending of what I am because I was a painter for 30 years.
    All the houses here in ortonville Michigan nd areas. that I seen picking some 10 cent bottles.....
    yesterday race a squirrel to an empty bag.... These new houses from what I see are already full of
    water and the temp haven't been over freezing in so long been month. we have a record snow fall and
    they say well be a record rain too this year. with these new houses full of water now. just wait
    till it thaws. all I wanted was a job. not a power trump t.v. news young people have the say on How
    to make money on a house.p.s The 14 inch hole in the road has 15 inch of ice now. time too ride soon
    as my long hair dries. p.s.s. ears or swimming ears are healing fine. white vinegar. sore as hell as
    was curring a 3 month jock itch. I know it is not from staying inside. because I watch the news. I
    am not guilt other then not having a job and owing the i.r.s. and they said I was fine3. sept
    cleveland. then again. what else has to be said. these people are all dogs.

  7. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Time to go Fido!

    hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That was awesome.

    By the way, to the original poster: you should't post to NG's while you are still frothing at the
    mouth in rage over an incident! ;)

    Take a deep breath. Vicious dogs do indeed suck, but most of them are fine.

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

  8. Eno

    Eno Guest

    "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go out
    > of my way during my daily run.
    <snip>

    I have to say that, dog lover that I am, I have been more than once been perturbed, to say
    the least, by a dog during one of my runs. Rather than banning canines, however, ban their
    cretine owners.

    --
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º
    eNo

  9. Buddy Guy

    Buddy Guy Guest

    If dogs were banned in the U.S.what would we use for meat in Korean restaurants?

    "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go out
    > of my way during my daily run. I have the right to be out in public and a right to be left alone.
    > What really pisses me off are the dogs who run up to the end of their yard barking startling me
    > and causing me maybe to run into traffic. This is an assault by legal definition and the owners do
    > not have a right to let this happen. It must stop. Recently I was almost attacked by a Mastiff (a
    > dog the size of almost a horse)during my run. When I backed off in fear the owner laughed at me.
    > You know what? Many dog owners

    > (this will never be)I would have apologized profusely and chastized the dog, not laughed at the
    > scared guy. I would like to start the process of passing a law which bans ALL DOGS in the US (and
    > then in all other countries). Dogs are bad. If anyone is in agreement and/or offer any suggestions
    > please post here. Time to go Fido!

  10. Robert

    Robert Guest

    [email protected] (Ruger9) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 6 Feb 2004 01:31:17 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:
    >
    > >I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go
    > >out of my way during my daily run. I have the right to be out in public and a right to be left
    > >alone. What really pisses me off are the dogs who run up to the end of their yard barking
    > >startling me and causing me maybe to run into traffic. This is an assault by legal definition and
    > >the owners do not have a right to let this happen. It must stop. Recently I was almost attacked
    > >by a Mastiff (a dog the size of almost a horse)during my run. When I backed off in fear the owner
    > >laughed at me. You know what? Many dog owners

    > >(this will never be)I would have apologized profusely and chastized the dog, not laughed at the
    > >scared guy. I would like to start the process of passing a law which bans ALL DOGS in the US (and
    > >then in all other countries). Dogs are bad. If anyone is in agreement and/or offer any
    > >suggestions please post here. Time to go Fido!
    >
    > Ever hear of pepper spray?

    Oh yea. Pepper spray? You use that and you very well become the criminal. Also you can't legally
    spray a dog that's on it's property. My position is a dog owner should not be allowed to permit a
    dog from making a person fearful regardless if it's on public or private property. You don't know
    how many times I have run in to the road (and risking get hit by traffic)because some dog(s) come
    running out of a house, down the yard barking, growling and showing their sharp teeth. They stopped
    at the property line but so what they caused me to react in fear and this falls under the legal
    definition of assault. Pepper spray is no good for many reasons. Banning dogs is the solution. I
    think in some countries cewrtain breeds are banned. Well I think all breeds should be banned.

  11. This whiney lil' bitch typifies runners in general.

    [email protected] (Robert) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I shouldn't have to say much here. <snip enuff said>
    We wish...

  12. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > Time to go Fido!
    >

    > hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That was awesome.
    >
    > By the way, to the original poster: you should't post to NG's while you are still frothing at the
    > mouth in rage over an incident! ;)
    >
    > Take a deep breath. Vicious dogs do indeed suck, but most of them are fine.
    >

    > cheers,

    David, I see you are into music promotion. Check out the first mp3 on this site. It's exactly how I
    feel about dogs:

    http://music.ibiblio.org/pub/multimedia/puzzle/the_big_d/

  13. Come back when your Prozac kicks in.

    [email protected] (Tom Wheeler) wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    3273.bay.webtv.net>...
    > I got bit yesterday, I slow with 2 after me on my bike. I use to and still want to. race them on
    > my bike, some times I win. some times I don't: this is fun. some <crapola

  14. Ruger9

    Ruger9 Guest

    On 6 Feb 2004 11:00:59 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Ruger9) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On 6 Feb 2004 01:31:17 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:
    >>
    >> >I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go
    >> >out of my way during my daily run. I have the right to be out in public and a right to be left
    >> >alone. What really pisses me off are the dogs who run up to the end of their yard barking
    >> >startling me and causing me maybe to run into traffic. This is an assault by legal definition
    >> >and the owners do not have a right to let this happen. It must stop. Recently I was almost
    >> >attacked by a Mastiff (a dog the size of almost a horse)during my run. When I backed off in fear
    >> >the owner laughed at me. You know what? Many dog owners

    >> >(this will never be)I would have apologized profusely and chastized the dog, not laughed at the
    >> >scared guy. I would like to start the process of passing a law which bans ALL DOGS in the US
    >> >(and then in all other countries). Dogs are bad. If anyone is in agreement and/or offer any
    >> >suggestions please post here. Time to go Fido!
    >>
    >> Ever hear of pepper spray?
    >
    >Oh yea. Pepper spray? You use that and you very well become the criminal.

    Not if defending yourself from attack. And unless you ARE defending yourself from attack, you
    shouldn't be using it.

    >Also you can't legally spray a dog that's on it's property.

    What are you doing on IT'S property? I thought you were running. Are you running across
    private property?

    >My position is a dog owner should not be allowed to permit a dog from making a person fearful
    >regardless if it's on public or private property. You don't know how many times I have run in to
    >the road (and risking get hit by traffic)because some dog(s) come running out of a house, down the
    >yard barking, growling and showing their sharp teeth.

    When the dog gets close to you, on public property, if you are fearful of attack, spray it. 90% of
    the time if you just ignore the dog and keep running it will leave you alone when you are far enough
    away from it's territory. If it doesn't, spray it.

    >They stopped at the property line but so what they caused me to react in fear

    You need to grow a pair, apparently.

    > and this falls under the legal definition of assault.

    Then take them to court. And good luck.

  15. jobin

    jobin Guest

    Ruger9 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 6 Feb 2004 11:00:59 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:

    >>Oh yea. Pepper spray? You use that and you very well become the criminal.

    > Not if defending yourself from attack. And unless you ARE defending yourself from attack, you
    > shouldn't be using it.

    can he do it pre-emptively?

  16. Tenkman

    Tenkman Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ruger9 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On 6 Feb 2004 11:00:59 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:
    >
    > >>Oh yea. Pepper spray? You use that and you very well become the criminal.
    >
    > > Not if defending yourself from attack. And unless you ARE defending yourself from attack, you
    > > shouldn't be using it.
    >

    > can he do it pre-emptively?

    You can probably do what you want if you nail the dog good and then get the hell on your run. Twice
    I have had dogs come at me and I attacked them when they got real close in an attacking mode. I
    kicked the hell out of a little one right as it was nipping at my shin. The dog rolled ten feet and
    yelped forever. The bigger dog took a branch to the face and I was fully committed to do battle when
    he went off yelping.

    Most of the time, dogs are territorial or friendly but I think you just have to be ready mentally to
    do battle if that is what it takes. And a rock, branch, or anything else is fair game. I would use a
    gun but it would be a pain to carry a gun on a run but you would really need to be attacked before
    you could shoot a dog and justify it I suppose.

  17. Ruger9

    Ruger9 Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 00:47:44 +0000 (UTC),
    [email protected] wrote:

    >Ruger9 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On 6 Feb 2004 11:00:59 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:
    >
    >>>Oh yea. Pepper spray? You use that and you very well become the criminal.
    >
    >> Not if defending yourself from attack. And unless you ARE defending yourself from attack, you
    >> shouldn't be using it.
    >

    >can he do it pre-emptively?

    I think if it's on public property, and you fear for your safety, yes. The owner could maybe still
    press charges and/or take you to court, but all you would have to do is explain to the judge that
    you feared for your safety, and the fact that the dog left private property wouldn't look good for
    the owner, and you'd probably be fine.

    I had a sticky situation once: a rail-trail (which is considered private property; a right-of-way)
    that I regularly ran on had a dog that left it's yard and came on to the rail trail to chase. Now, I
    say "sticky" because this right-of-way went right thru the owner's private property... not sure how
    that one would play out in court, but I didn't care. I carried pepper spray, but never had to use
    it. Regardless of legal consequences I would have used it if I ever feared for my safety- if I
    thought attack was imminent.

    As I said, most of the time dog's bark are worse than their bites. They'll usually leave you alone
    after you leave their territory. If they don't, it's time to call the police, or animal control, and
    report the dog & the owner.

  18. Dogs who chase joggers earn a special seat in heaven, right next to God. She thinks joggers are
    jackoffs too.

  19. Robert

    Robert Guest

    [email protected] (TheBillRodgers) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > This whiney lil' bitch typifies runners in general.
    >
    > [email protected] (Robert) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I shouldn't have to say much here. <snip enuff said>
    > We wish...

    If you have any discipline at all please post in this newsgroup when you get bitten by a dog. I've
    lived long enough to see how things work.

  20. Leo

    Leo Guest

    > Also you can't legally spray a dog that's on it's property.

    No doubt. Why would you want to? If the dog LEAVE it's property and chases you, you can nuke 'em
    with the spray.

    > My position is a dog owner should not be allowed to permit a dog from making a person fearful
    > regardless if it's on public or private property.

    The dog owner has no control over who feels fear. Fear is your issue, not his. (not so long as his
    dog remains on his own property)

    You don't know how many times I have run in to the road (and
    > risking get hit by traffic)because some dog(s) come running out of a house, down the yard barking,
    > growling and showing their sharp teeth. They stopped at the property line but so what they caused
    > me to react in fear and this falls under the legal definition of assault.

    I dont know where you are from but in my state (Indiana) this aint assault. Nuh uh, no way. Not
    even close.

    Pepper
    > spray is no good for many reasons.

    Name three. Bottom line, unless there is a specific ordinance in your town that prohibits the
    carrying of pepper spray, it is a wonderful thing. Provided, of course, that you use it ONLY on
    those dogs that have left their property to chase you.

    Banning dogs is the solution. We also need to get rid of the agressive large mouth bass.