Runners Unite - Ban Dogs!

Scott Williams <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ruger9 wrote:
>
> > On 6 Feb 2004 01:31:17 -0800, [email protected] (Robert) wrote:
> >
> >
> >>I shouldn't have to say much here. I'm sick of dogs chasing me, barking at me and making me go
> >>out of my way during my daily run. I have the right to be out in public and a right to be left
> >>alone. What really pisses me off are the dogs who run up to the end of their yard barking
> >>startling me and causing me maybe to run into traffic. This is an assault by legal definition
> >>and the owners do not have a right to let this happen. It must stop. Recently I was almost
> >>attacked by a Mastiff (a dog the size of almost a horse)during my run. When I backed off in fear
> >>the owner laughed at me. You know what? Many dog owners

> >>(this will never be)I would have apologized profusely and chastized the dog, not laughed at the
> >>scared guy. I would like to start the process of passing a law which bans ALL DOGS in the US
> >>(and then in all other countries). Dogs are bad. If anyone is in agreement and/or offer any
> >>suggestions please post here. Time to go Fido!
> >
> >
> > Ever hear of pepper spray?
> >
>
> I carry pepper spray on my bike when I'm going through hard-core farmland. This will teach dog and
> owner in one quick lesson.
>
> Squirting with a water bottle might also help in a pinch.
>
> Non-intuitive weapon: dog treats. After a few times, s/he might be your bud.
>
> Are the authorities at all sympathetic to your cause?
>
> Scott
>
> (Love dogs, hate owners who channel their repressed hostility through their dogs.)

The authorities take immediate action after I call but in short time the dogs are again running
loose. It's like I have to be bitten for anything to really happen. I just wish I had more support
from the general public. It appears most people like dogs and don't see them as a danger. Actually I
think if you researched it dog problems would be an epidemic here in the US.

Robert wrote:

>
> The authorities take immediate action after I call but in short time the dogs are again running
> loose. It's like I have to be bitten for anything to really happen. I just wish I had more support
> from the general public. It appears most people like dogs and don't see them as a danger. Actually
> I think if you researched it dog problems would be an epidemic here in the US.

Yo Bobbie, the horse is dead. I thought you said the last thing about 8 posts ago. I have run for
close to 20 years and had only one problem and it was with a little yappie goldfish mutant with four
legs. As the little dude got close to my heel I brought up my heel under his chin and the little
**** did a 2 1/2 with very few style points(except for the French judge). He never chased me again.

Shaggy dog story aside, I would suggest if your running disposition is like you writing I'm
surprised that butterflies aren't biting the **** out of you. Ya know, dogs can sense dweebs. I
doing to report you to the animal rights people for violating the dogs rights to a peaceful
neighborhood.

This issue is dead - cry alone!

--
Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]

Let's just kill all dogs....or the owners who let them run around without a leash. (don't run
outside in the northcountry....also becaue it's well below zero)

Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> little ****

> the ****

Robert, I suggest doing as I do, and complaing to Freeses ISP. They run a tight ship, and **** will
get him tossed real fast. Foul, disgusting language like that should not be tolerated, you'll never
hear me saying those kinds of words. So complaints to "[email protected]"

[email protected] (KingsXman) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Let's just kill all dogs....or the owners who let them run around without a leash. (don't run
> outside in the northcountry....also becaue it's well below zero)

I said ban dogs. The one alive can stay. No others should be allowed born. One violation of someones
rights the dog goes.