Runners Workout

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Runrdude, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Runrdude

    Runrdude Guest

    Hello all, I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I have read a number of running books,
    and I looking for a runners specific weight program. I have tried a number of different things, but
    none really work. Any help will do.

    Also I am moving to Thule Greenland in April High Temp. 21 degrees. Does any know of any Treadmill
    specific workouts? I'll be there for 12 months and would love to stay in shape.

    Thanks Running Dude

    Tags:

  2. Hardwarelust

    Hardwarelust Guest

    "RunrDude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all, I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I have read a number of running
    > books, and I looking for a runners specific weight program. I have tried a number of different
    > things, but none really work. Any help will do.
    >
    > Also I am moving to Thule Greenland in April High Temp. 21 degrees. Does any know of any Treadmill
    > specific workouts? I'll be there for 12 months and would love to stay in shape.
    >
    > Thanks Running Dude

    Military I'm guessing?

  3. You can do the Greenland marathon on the Greenland Ice Sheet, then.
    "HardwareLust" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "RunrDude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello all, I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I have read a number of running
    > > books, and I looking for a runners specific weight program. I have tried a number of different
    > > things, but none really work. Any help will do.
    > >
    > > Also I am moving to Thule Greenland in April High Temp. 21 degrees. Does any know of any
    > > Treadmill specific workouts? I'll be there for 12 months and would love to stay in shape.
    > >
    > > Thanks Running Dude
    >
    > Military I'm guessing?

  4. Runrdude

    Runrdude Guest

    [email protected] (Jtiche) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Let me guess, you're in the air force, you screwed up and your punishment is you're being sent to
    > Thule Greenland.

    Yes I'm in the Air Force (DoD Country Club). No I'm not being punished; it's an end to justify the
    means. My follow-on is Aviano Italy. So I'll go to Thule to count polar bears and penguins or
    whatever, to get back to Italy.

  5. Runrdude

    Runrdude Guest

    > I'd get the proper gear and run outside. I've been doing runs down to -8F in Michigan, 21 feels
    > balmy right now. As for treadmill work, I've got little expereince there. Andy Hass

    I enjoy running only down to zero degrees. However at Thule there is six months of darkness with
    high temp right around -25 degrees w/o wind chill. August average temp is in the mid 30's, no to
    bad. I want to keep a good base.... any good workouts will be helpful. Thanks Clyde