Running an r 8"/f5" set up.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tj, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Tj

    Tj Guest

    I just upgraded my bike to 8" rear travel. It still weighs the same. I have the Fox Vanilla RC
    shock. It has pro-pedal. (What ever that is...Rolling my eyes) I have not had much of a chance to
    test it out yet. The 67 head angle is comfy. It is nice having the higher bottom bracket to set more
    sag. Instead of the 1" sag, I can set up for about 3" Nice and plush yet rigid with the pro-pedal.
    Total poundage is still 35. Is anyone else running a set-up like this? Or is it still big on the
    Front and Big on the rear?

    TJ www.gvii.net/hundtoft

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > I just upgraded my bike to 8" rear travel. It still weighs the same. I have the Fox Vanilla RC
    > shock. It has pro-pedal. (What ever that is...Rolling my eyes) I have not had much of a chance to
    > test it out yet. The 67 head angle is comfy. It is nice having the higher bottom bracket to set
    > more sag. Instead of the 1" sag, I can set up for about 3" Nice and plush yet rigid with the pro-
    > pedal. Total poundage is still 35. Is anyone else running a set-up like this? Or is it still big
    > on the Front and Big on the rear?
    >
    > TJ

    Whatever floats your boat, but that setup doesn't even makes sense to me. If there's anywhere on a
    bike to increase the travel, it's the front end. Have you thought about slapping on a Jr T, 888 or
    even a Shiver on your BH?

    BTW, which rear upgrade did you get?
    --
    Slacker

  3. Tj

    Tj Guest

    news:[email protected]D-191655.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > TJ wrote:
    > > I just upgraded my bike to 8" rear travel. It still weighs the same. I have the Fox Vanilla RC
    > > shock. It has pro-pedal. (What ever that is...Rolling my eyes) I have not had much of a chance
    > > to test it out yet. The 67 head angle is comfy. It is nice having the higher bottom bracket to
    > > set more sag. Instead of the 1" sag, I can set up for about 3" Nice and plush yet rigid with the
    > > pro-pedal. Total poundage is still 35. Is anyone else running a set-up like this? Or is it still
    > > big on the Front and Big on the rear?
    > >
    > > TJ
    >

    > Whatever floats your boat, but that setup doesn't even makes sense to me.
    If
    > there's anywhere on a bike to increase the travel, it's the front end.
    Have
    > you thought about slapping on a Jr T, 888 or even a Shiver on your BH?
    >
    > BTW, which rear upgrade did you get?
    > --
    > Slacker

    I bought the Special-ed big ling upgrade. I have an 2002 Big Hit comp. I am looking at a Super T for
    the front. I would like to get the (Foes) Single crown 7" travel fork. But it is still a proto-type.
    It comes in an 1 1/8 head set. I see the ride height on the Demo Nine with the 888 is pretty high.
    This is my trail bike. I would like to keep the agility of a singlecrown. Since I still climb the
    hills I ride down the climbing ability is still necessary. Even though it is a pig. Annnnnd, I am
    slow. The handling so far has been real nice.

    TJ

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    >> BTW, which rear upgrade did you get?
    >> --
    >> Slacker
    >>

    > I bought the Special-ed big ling upgrade. I have an 2002 Big Hit comp. I am looking at a Super T
    > for the front.

    Cool... didn't know SpecialEd make an upgrade kit. I'm gonna have to let my friend know about this,
    he rides a BH too.

    > I would like to get the (Foes) Single crown 7" travel fork. But it is
    still a
    > proto-type.

    Wow, a SC Foes... that thing is going to be rad. Check out this thing
    http://www.foesracing.com/products/supersize.cfm?product=xtd ... badass! I can't imagine what their
    SC will look and feel like, but I'm sure it will be be really good.

    >It comes in an 1 1/8 head set. I see the ride height on the Demo Nine with the 888 is pretty high.
    >This is my trail bike. I would like to keep the agility of a singlecrown. Since I still climb the
    >hills I ride down the climbing ability is still necessary. Even though it is a pig. Annnnnd, I am
    >slow. The handling so far has been real nice.
    >
    > TJ

    Sounds good. That a great bike you have.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Tj

    Tj Guest

    > >> BTW, which rear upgrade did you get?
    > >> --
    > >> Slacker
    > >>

    > > I bought the Special-ed big ling upgrade. I have an 2002 Big Hit comp. I am looking at a Super T
    > > for the front.
    >

    > Cool... didn't know SpecialEd make an upgrade kit. I'm gonna have to let
    my
    > friend know about this, he rides a BH too.
    >

    > > I would like to get the (Foes) Single crown 7" travel fork. But it is
    > still a
    > > proto-type.
    >

    > Wow, a SC Foes... that thing is going to be rad. Check out this thing
    > http://www.foesracing.com/products/supersize.cfm?product=xtd ... badass! I can't imagine what
    > their SC will look and feel like, but I'm sure it will
    be
    > be really good.
    >

    > >It comes in an 1 1/8 head set. I see the ride height on the Demo Nine with the 888 is pretty
    > >high. This is my trail bike. I would like to keep the agility of a singlecrown. Since I still
    > >climb the hills I ride down the climbing ability is still necessary. Even though it is a pig.
    > >Annnnnd, I am slow. The handling so far has been real nice.
    > >
    > > TJ
    >
    > Sounds good. That a great bike you have.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Cut that thing off at the bottom crown. That is what their singlecrown shock looks like. Inverted
    and plush. You can find an article on Foes latest trail bike at Mountain Bike Fiction.......I mean
    mountain bike action.

    TJ

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Cut that thing off at the bottom crown. That is what their singlecrown shock looks like. Inverted
    > and plush. You can find an article on Foes latest trail bike at Mountain Bike Fiction.......I mean
    > mountain bike action.
    >
    > TJ

    Damn, I wanna see and feel it now! I so want a SC inverted for my trail bike, so my Shiver won't be
    as lonely.

    Do you know what the MSRP is?
    --
    Slacker

  7. Tj

    Tj Guest

    > > Cut that thing off at the bottom crown. That is what their singlecrown shock looks like.
    > > Inverted and plush. You can find an article on Foes latest trail bike at Mountain Bike
    > > Fiction.......I mean mountain bike action.
    > >
    > > TJ
    >

    > Damn, I wanna see and feel it now! I so want a SC inverted for my trail bike, so my Shiver won't
    > be as lonely.
    >
    > Do you know what the MSRP is?
    > --
    > Slacker

    It's still a prototype. My best guess is about a grand.

    TJ

  8. "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:bYjRb.29811$U%[email protected]_s03...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > > Cut that thing off at the bottom crown. That is what their singlecrown shock looks like.
    > > > Inverted and plush. You can find an article on Foes latest trail bike at Mountain Bike
    > > > Fiction.......I mean mountain bike action.
    > > >
    > > > TJ
    > >

    > > Damn, I wanna see and feel it now! I so want a SC inverted for my trail bike, so my Shiver won't
    > > be as lonely.
    > >
    > > Do you know what the MSRP is?
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > It's still a prototype. My best guess is about a grand.
    >
    > TJ

    Another nice looking single crown fork...

    http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1232

    Steve.

  9. Tj

    Tj Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:bYjRb.29811$U%[email protected]_s03...
    > >
    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...

    > > > Damn, I wanna see and feel it now! I so want a SC inverted for my
    trail
    > > > bike, so my Shiver won't be as lonely.
    > > >
    > > > Do you know what the MSRP is?
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > > >

    > > It's still a prototype. My best guess is about a grand.
    > >
    > > TJ
    >
    > Another nice looking single crown fork...
    >
    > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1232
    >
    > Steve.

    That is nice. Lite too. Only 4 pounds. I am sure that it will cost a pretty penny.

    TJ