Running naked up front~! (no fr deraileur...)

curby

May 9, 2006
has anyone had experience with this setup? for a TT maybe...

I have only one chainring on the bike, and i want to skip the front mech. (front deraileur) for my criterium...

of course I will test the setup for a couple of weeks first, but maybe someone has 'been there, done that'

any rules requiring a front mech?

all's'miles

curby

I don't know about "the rules", but as a child I had a 5-speed bicycle that had no FD and it worked just fine. I don't know what cassette you are going to run, but you will need to watch your chain deflection if it is very wide.

yeah, i will make sure the chainline is good and avoid the large cog in the back. i want to run this setup in a criterium so i expect i will be in the 50 x 12-17 most of the day. if i need the 19 its there and if we come to a stop i'm sure i can get going again with the 21 for 50 meters or so.

all's'miles

curby

curby said:
yeah, i will make sure the chainline is good and avoid the large cog in the back. i want to run this setup in a criterium so i expect i will be in the 50 x 12-17 most of the day. if i need the 19 its there and if we come to a stop i'm sure i can get going again with the 21 for 50 meters or so.

all's'miles

curby
If you can't, you have no business riding in a crit:D !