Running Schools

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Brian Mollenkop, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. What other running schools are out there? I know of Jeff Galloway's Running Schools for 2004. Any
    thoughts and suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

  3. TopCounsel

    TopCounsel Guest

  4. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    Brian Mollenkopf wrote:

    > What other running schools are out there? I know of Jeff Galloway's Running Schools for 2004. Any
    > thoughts and suggestions?

    Owen Anderson the head dude from Running Reseach News holds running camps.

  5. Dot

    Dot Guest

    Brian Mollenkopf wrote:
    > What other running schools are out there? I know of Jeff Galloway's Running Schools for 2004. Any
    > thoughts and suggestions?

    Are you looking for week-long camps? 1-day seminars? what distances? road or trail? Some of these
    links have vacation-type camps mixed in with training-type camps and some are a mix.

    http://www.runningtimes.com/issues/01apr/01camp.htm http://www.trailrunnermag.com/events/tours.html
    http://www.coachbenson.com/adlt_04.htm http://www.scottjurek.com/html/camps.html

    This has the 2003 Owen Anderson Malibu camps that Doug referred to, but don't see a link for 2004
    (it's in RRN hardcopy which is downstairs) http://www.rrnews.com/news.htm

    These have seminars http://tahoemtnmilers.org/RRCAConvention/index.html RW and some other groups
    probably have similar things.

    I've got a few more vacation-type camp (some with training, some just adventure runs - mostly in PNW
    to include Yukon and AK) links buried somewhere, but I think you're looking for training ones.

    Dot

  6. I'm looking for a day or over-the-weekend seminar. I've been running about 4 years and have never
    been coached or ran with a club/group. I didn't even run in school, I just caught the bug and
    became addicted. I'm looking for something general. I enjoy running marathons (3), 1/2 M (2), and 5
    kms (20 +).

    Brian

  7. Deepest Blue

    Deepest Blue Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:23:56 -0500, "Brian Mollenkopf"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What other running schools are out there? I know of Jeff Galloway's Running Schools for 2004. Any
    >thoughts and suggestions?

    This is too sad. A runner that can't find other runners with whom to play?