Running shoes?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Diverralph551, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Hello everyone! I need some advice from the experts. I work out running in my city, and on the
    treadmill about 3-4 miles (hopefully longer!!) about 4-6 times a week. I need to get some advice as
    to the best shoe for me, a 5;10", 210 pound muscular male. I am looking at the New Balance 2000,
    which lists for $200.00. Is it worth it to pay that kind of money, if you want a good running shoe?
    Thanks so much for the advice and I hope everyone has a great and happy Valentine's Day!!
    Diverralph551

    Tags:

  2. Bill Rodgers

    Bill Rodgers Guest

    >Hello everyone! I need some advice from the experts.

    That's me!

    > I work out running in my city, and on the treadmill about 3-4 miles (hopefully longer!!)

    I should hope so.

    > about 4-6 times a week. I need to get some advice as to the best shoe for me, a 5;10", 210 pound
    > muscular male. I am looking at the New Balance 2000, which lists for $200.00. Is it worth it to
    > pay that kind of money, if you want a good running shoe?

    Yes, but not for a new balance. Get an Asics gel for half of that, and it's twice the shoe too!

    Bill R.

  3. All the brands have good shoes and not so good shoes.

    There is no one "best" shoe. Things like your weight, and where you run are important in the
    choice of shoes, but more important is your foot and running style.

    The best way of finding the right KIND of shoe is to stop at a real running store and find
    someone who knows running shoes and running feet. You are not likely to find this kind of person
    at your local Super Shoe store or even the shoe department at your local Super Sports store.

    They can then offer you choices from several brands and you can see what works best for you.
    Don't chose a shoe because this or that brand or style works for them. Doing so is like taking
    their prescription medication. I doubt if my prescription for kidney stones would help someone's
    infection.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math