Rush Hour - Copenhagen Style

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
I thought this was pretty neat ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at2w7JOD4PQ]YouTube - Rush Hour - Copenhagen Style[/ame]

I live in Copenhagen right now and this is definitely normal all over the city! In the winter snow or hail or rain, cyclists still fill the streets. At 3am, you'll see cyclists straggling down the streets, singing Danish drinking songs or chatting on their cell phones (another good thing about biking- you get away with a lot more than if you were driving a car). It's a blast, riding to school or work among hundreds of other cyclists. It's especially amusing when the traffic light turns from red to green and everybody shoves off, like they're at the start line of a race. Cyclists are jostling for position, making their moves, bells or dinging, shoulder-checks are happening. Definitely a thousand times better than any other form of commuting.

I've been here for a year. Too bad I'm moving from this beautiful country in one week :(

While we've got great weather and loads of cyclists, here, in Tucson, we can't approach the numbers of riders on the road that are seen in Euro cities. That's too bad. Ironically, while we've got loads of cyclists, we've got even more twats in SUV's. It seems as if Tucson is the SUV capital of the world, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Hummer had some of it's highest sales here. It's sad, really.