Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

RUSH sent spys to Apex

Started by LIBERATOR · · Last activity · 5 posts · 519 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
18 August 2006
Last activity
20 August 2006
Original author
LIBERATOR
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
519
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just got done doing Apex, RUSH had sent some spys. Thank you RUSH.

    I got a good couple of action photos of me thanks to your spys offering
    to take my photo.

    Man I forgot how ruthless and raging constant intense radical assault
    Apex is on the bike and rider.

    My bike is only $600.00 and it is taxed to the extreme, any little
    loose end in hardware costs you safety and performance, and I got many
    loose ends, namely one a bad bottom bracket. And my headset is slightly
    loose, and my front rim has play where you can wiggle it left to right.
    Hopefully "The Collective" can help me out with this stuff tomorrow.

    I'll try to donate some money to this operation (I suspect RUSH
    operates this).

    But when you do Apex, and wanting to push it to the max, you gotta have
    your hardware tuned to absolute perfection. I also got a photo of 4
    mule deer and I rode right into them going down (raging downhill), I
    surprised them and almost hit one. I got their photo, and they did not
    run and watched me for 5 minutes 20 feet away from me. They're kind of
    cute. One was a 8 pointer.

    Many guys both Cho/Strong spys and RUSH spys. Some were 50 years old,
    and in damn good shape. Very athletic people the whole lot of guys (at
    least 30 people showed up when I did at 6:20 - the majority of them
    were spys). One babe showed up, she had no problem clearing Apex going
    down.

    Every trail offers a totally unique experience, Apex pushes everything
    to the max (as does Deer Creek Canyon), hardware, body cardio & timing,
    and the buzz is amazing when you make it out alive and back to the
    parking lot. Apex is more tight sequences than Deer Creek, you can make
    mistakes on Deer Creek Canyon and recover from them before you crash,
    you can't do that on Apex,. you have no time to make a mistake and
    recover, you're done if you make a mistake, there's no time to adjust
    due to a radical change in surface as well as direction. If you lean
    wrong you're done, there's no recovering. On Deer Creek you have
    options to redirect the bike.

    Right RUSH? What do your sock puppet pigeons say about Apex RUSH? Heh,
    one guy was listening to music as he headed down. I never did go into
    "Enchanted Forest", I was too tired, but I did photo the entrance and
    will post that soon. I bet you all can't wait...

    Apex is deadly but it rocks!

  2. LIBERATOR said:

    loose ends, namely one a bad bottom bracket. And my headset is slightly
    loose, and my front rim has play where you can wiggle it left to right.

    ROFL
    you can wiggle your front rim left and right and you rode down Apex?
    too funny... I hope you wear a good helmet?

  3. Fix your bike. Knock off the crossposting. Tom

    LIBERATOR said:
    Quoted message said:

    loose ends, namely one a bad bottom bracket. And my headset is slightly
    loose, and my front rim has play where you can wiggle it left to right.


  4. tom said:

    Fix your bike. Knock off the crossposting. Tom

    LIBERATOR said:
    Quoted message said:

    loose ends, namely one a bad bottom bracket. And my headset is slightly
    loose, and my front rim has play where you can wiggle it left to right.


    I was in King Soopers last night and they were playing Rush 2112 for
    music.
    It was really odd, I never thought I would see the day when i could go
    somewhere
    like a grocery store and actually here something other than elevator
    music.

  5. CowPunk said:
    tom said:

    Fix your bike. Knock off the crossposting. Tom

    LIBERACE said:

    > loose ends, namely one a bad bottom bracket. And my headset is slightly
    > loose, and my front rim has play where you can wiggle it left to right.

    I was in King Soopers last night and they were playing Rush 2112 for
    music.
    It was really odd, I never thought I would see the day when i could go
    somewhere
    like a grocery store and actually here something other than elevator
    music.

    I heard "Overture" from The Who's "Tommy" at the Burger King in Spring
    Lake, NC circa 1985. It was cool, yet seemed strange at the time
    compared to the usual muzak.

    JD headed to King Soopers to buy food and listen to 2112

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.