Russ Pinder - Change of address

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Wallace

Russ has been moved to a new ward. I'm going to take that as good news. Any body feeling inclined to
send him cards, chocolates, flowers, old Genesis CDs or abuse - and all are appreciated - should
address them to

Russ Pinder St Georges Ward Stoke Mandeville Spinal Injuries Unit Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Mandeville Road Aylesbury Bucks HP21 8AL

His brother says "He seems to be in better spirits at the moment sitting up a little and is asking
if anyone still has cold feet taped from last Sunday seeing as he missed it whilst getting a ride in
a helicopter."

Clearly he's stopped worrying that he's holding the beer money!

Peter

"Peter Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Russ has been moved to a new ward. I'm going to take that as good news. Any body feeling inclined
| to send him cards, chocolates, flowers, old Genesis CDs or abuse - and all are appreciated -
| should address them to
|
| Russ Pinder St Georges Ward Stoke Mandeville Spinal Injuries Unit Stoke Mandeville Hospital
| Mandeville Road Aylesbury Bucks HP21 8AL
|
| His brother says "He seems to be in better spirits at the moment sitting up a little and is asking
| if anyone still has cold feet taped from last Sunday seeing as he missed it whilst getting a ride
| in a helicopter."
|
| Clearly he's stopped worrying that he's holding the beer money!
|
| Peter
|
Too far for me to go say hi but please wish him all the best. I have been where he is and am slowly
and surely rebuilding my spinal muscles and nerves after a pretty bad climbing accident, the bone
healed months ago.

One thing I found while in his position was that people tended to tread on eggshells around me and
be overly different and cautious. Just be yourself make him smile and kick his ass when he needs it.

Simon

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>

>
> One thing I found while in his position was that people tended to tread
on
> eggshells around me and be overly different and cautious. Just be
yourself
> make him smile and kick his ass when he needs it.
>

I guess you're right. He's damaged his back not his sense of humour. Thanks for the thought.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.