Russ Pinder - Change of address

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Peter Wallace, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Russ has been moved to a new ward. I'm going to take that as good news. Any body feeling inclined to
    send him cards, chocolates, flowers, old Genesis CDs or abuse - and all are appreciated - should
    address them to

    Russ Pinder St Georges Ward Stoke Mandeville Spinal Injuries Unit Stoke Mandeville Hospital
    Mandeville Road Aylesbury Bucks HP21 8AL

    His brother says "He seems to be in better spirits at the moment sitting up a little and is asking
    if anyone still has cold feet taped from last Sunday seeing as he missed it whilst getting a ride in
    a helicopter."

    Clearly he's stopped worrying that he's holding the beer money!

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Peter Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Russ has been moved to a new ward. I'm going to take that as good news. Any body feeling inclined
    | to send him cards, chocolates, flowers, old Genesis CDs or abuse - and all are appreciated -
    | should address them to
    |
    | Russ Pinder St Georges Ward Stoke Mandeville Spinal Injuries Unit Stoke Mandeville Hospital
    | Mandeville Road Aylesbury Bucks HP21 8AL
    |
    | His brother says "He seems to be in better spirits at the moment sitting up a little and is asking
    | if anyone still has cold feet taped from last Sunday seeing as he missed it whilst getting a ride
    | in a helicopter."
    |
    | Clearly he's stopped worrying that he's holding the beer money!
    |
    | Peter

    Too far for me to go say hi but please wish him all the best. I have been where he is and am slowly
    and surely rebuilding my spinal muscles and nerves after a pretty bad climbing accident, the bone
    healed months ago.

    One thing I found while in his position was that people tended to tread on eggshells around me and
    be overly different and cautious. Just be yourself make him smile and kick his ass when he needs it.

    Simon

  3. "Simon" <[email protected]nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > One thing I found while in his position was that people tended to tread
    on
    > eggshells around me and be overly different and cautious. Just be
    yourself
    > make him smile and kick his ass when he needs it.

    I guess you're right. He's damaged his back not his sense of humour. Thanks for the thought.

    Peter