Russ Pinder Update

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Andy Chequer, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    (Posted by Peter Wallace in uk.rec.cycling)
    I just got a message from his wife.

    Russ had the op and it went well. It won't have any effect on the outcome which is still unknown.
    It will mean Russ will be a lot more comfortable immediately - he will be able to sit up to a
    degree - about 40 of them :) Russ is hoping to be able to receive visitors soon - maybe the end of
    next week.

    Heather was concerned about various noises about whip rounds, etc. If anything is going to be done
    she and Russ would like everything to go to Air Ambulance. (How about we arrange a big
    ride/get-together as a fundraiser)

    Heather sends special thanks to everyone who was on the ride with Russ (you know who you are) for
    doing all the right things and for your time and concern.

    Peter

    Seems positive to me. Let's hope it continues.

    Andy Chequer.

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:
    > (Posted by Peter Wallace in uk.rec.cycling)

    And also posted here eight hours ago :)

  3. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer wrote:
    > > (Posted by Peter Wallace in uk.rec.cycling)
    >
    > And also posted here eight hours ago :)

    Do I get dumb poster of the week award or has that Smoking Parrot troll bloke had it?

    Andy Chequer

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Andy Chequer wrote:
    >>
    >>>(Posted by Peter Wallace in uk.rec.cycling)
    >>
    >>And also posted here eight hours ago :)
    >

    > Do I get dumb poster of the week award or has that Smoking Parrot troll bloke had it?

    Sorry, but innocent mistakes don't count. I'll have to speak to the moderator, but I reckon you're
    way down the list... ;p

  5. "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > (Posted by Peter Wallace in uk.rec.cycling)

    I posted it here too - on the thread below. I'm sending Russ hard copy of all the posts -
    "get-well-soon" and "silly sod". There's a lot of places where people have shown concern. Russ is
    grateful and touched.

    Me? I'm just finding it hard work keeping up. :)

    I'll update again on Monday

    Peter

  6. On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:59:09 +0000, Peter Wallace did issue forth:

    > I posted it here too - on the thread below. I'm sending Russ hard copy of all the posts -
    > "get-well-soon" and "silly sod". There's a lot of places where people have shown concern. Russ is
    > grateful and touched.
    >
    > Me? I'm just finding it hard work keeping up. :)
    >
    > I'll update again on Monday

    Thanks a lot Pete, you're doing a grand job both here and in uk.rec.cycling.

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:47:14 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

    >(Posted by Peter Wallace in uk.rec.cycling)
    >I just got a message from his wife.
    >
    >Russ had the op and it went well. It won't have any effect on the outcome which is still unknown.
    >It will mean Russ will be a lot more comfortable immediately - he will be able to sit up to a
    >degree - about 40 of them :) Russ is hoping to be able to receive visitors soon - maybe the end of
    >next week.
    >
    >Heather was concerned about various noises about whip rounds, etc. If anything is going to be done
    >she and Russ would like everything to go to Air Ambulance. (How about we arrange a big
    >ride/get-together as a fundraiser)
    >
    >Heather sends special thanks to everyone who was on the ride with Russ (you know who you are) for
    >doing all the right things and for your time and concern.
    >
    >Peter

    >Seems positive to me. Let's hope it continues.
    >
    >Andy Chequer.

    I'm late on this but, "Get well soon Russ".

    :-]