Russians in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    This WILL get Global soon if today's news is true!

    http://www.khanreport.com/

    No wonder France/Germany/Russia are against it. They appear to be in cahoots with the Iraqis.

    Shameful!

    Dave

    (your backing the wrong crowd Bomba)

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > This WILL get Global soon if today's news is true!
    >
    > http://www.khanreport.com/

    That's not news, it's a poor conspiracy theory. It's heavily stilted, much of it is irrelevant and
    there's a huge amount of conjecture in there.

    If you actually go through the references, you'll find it's not as simple as it's presented. For
    example, the part of shipping Iraq SAMs. It's presented as the Russian's arming Iraq, but go and
    read the reference and you discover that it was private companies doing it covertly, and they were
    stopped by the Russian government when informed.

    In addition, describing a deal with Russia to rebuild infrasture as 'a bribe' is nigh-on litigous,
    and why is Russia leasing India a submarine and supplying them arms even relevant? I could go on.

    Of course, there's no mention of the regimes that the US supplies with arms...

    > No wonder France/Germany/Russia are against it. They appear to be in cahoots with the Iraqis.
    >
    > Shameful!

    Where do France and Germany fit in to that article? Where are the details of the Russian government
    backing an Iraqi stance against the US?

    You really should investigate and analyse your sources before making claims like this. Try reading
    from both sides.

    > (your backing the wrong crowd Bomba)

    I'm not backing any crowd.

  3. W K

    W K Guest

    > Dave wrote:
    > > This WILL get Global soon if today's news is true!
    > >
    > > http://www.khanreport.com/
    >
    > That's not news, it's a poor conspiracy theory. It's heavily stilted, much of it is irrelevant and
    > there's a huge amount of conjecture in there.

    Surely just a question of saddam breaching his contract with his arms dealers from the 80s?