RvV

Robert Chung wrote:
> 1. TOM

So you're saying that any non-Tom could finish anywhere from 2 to
last? Candyass.

From http://www.erikdekker.nl/nieuws.php?id=509 my translation:

Second day Crit.Int. Bummer!

Heavy day today. The alarm went off at half past five, new time(!),
and at 8.40 we were on the starting line for 105 km of racing. And
what a course! A veritable mountainstage with nine climbs of 3-5 km.
Really tough. Fortunately I was very strong and the team controlled
well. On the penultimate climb Basso and Schleck gave it some shtick
and we were left with 9. On the following plateau four of us got away.
Among them Basso. I felt very well and the final climb wasn't
particularly steep so I gave myself good odds to win the stage.
However that climb rapidly steepens if you're cramping and I was.
****. I fell completely still for a moment and lost 25 seconds. The
final kilometre went a little better and Basso had 15 seconds on me at
the line. Very much annoyed at a missed opportunity. During the TT I
had some stings again on the climb and didn't dare go flat-out in the
first half. So at the highest point I was already thrown back 17 sec.
In the second half I only lost one more second. Of course, second
behind Basso on the final GC is good, period. The way I rode and
yesterday's stage win were really fantastic. Nonetheless I still feel
quite annoyed about this morning and its consequences in the TT.
Shame. Next week Flanders. Because the Belgians will no doubt go
looking for a possible challenger for Tom, my name will probably come
up. Despite me not having raced in Belgium yet. We'll see what
happens.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Candyass.

Did you mean for this comment go in the nasty women thread?

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> 1. Tom
> 2. Juan Antonio
> 3. Bert
>
> DNF Alessandro

I'd expect Alesssandro Ballan to finish ;-)

Never!
I witnessed the first stage of the Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde at the
Berendries. Pippo Pozzato was extremely strong today. I would pick
him above Bettini as QSI's backup for Boonen.

***** Boonen
**** Ballan, Pozzato, Klier
*** PVP, Hincapie, Hoste, Dekker I, Paolini, Bettini
** Eeckhout, Devolder, Flecha, Zabel, Nuyens, Eisel, Cancellara,
Steegmans
* Gusev, Hammond, Vierhouten, Petito, Wesemann, Ivanov, Schumacher,
Gilbert, Hushovd, Scheirlinckx, Kroon, Geslin

Kenny

Kenny wrote:

> ***** Boonen
> **** Ballan, Pozzato, Klier
> *** PVP, Hincapie, Hoste, Dekker I, Paolini, Bettini
> ** Eeckhout, Devolder, Flecha, Zabel, Nuyens, Eisel, Cancellara,
> Steegmans
> * Gusev, Hammond, Vierhouten, Petito, Wesemann, Ivanov, Schumacher,
> Gilbert, Hushovd, Scheirlinckx, Kroon, Geslin

Dumbass -

That is some serious candyassing. Very serious.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Patricio Carlos" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Isn't picking Tom Boonen candyassing?

Well, he is the most logical choice (perhaps) based on his form, etc.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Robert Chung wrote:
> 1. TOM

Dumbass -

So damn obvious (Boonen). Can't do that, it's the smart pick.

I'll have to take a darkhorse, someone who is sucking this year:

1. Devolder

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

George might just surprise everyone.

And I've been thinking that Eric Zabel will have Pettacchi riding for
him this year. He COULD pull this off as a dark horse win.