Ryan Vanguard

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by g19glock1, Jun 13, 2003.

  1. g19glock1

    g19glock1 New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    I have been trying to find the home webpage of the Ryan Vanguard Recumbent. Are they still being manufactured. I find retail outlets that list them but cannot find that bike by that name.

    What gives?

    Tags:

  2. g19glock1 wrote:

    > I have been trying to find the home webpage of the Ryan Vanguard Recumbent. Are they still being
    > manufactured. I find retail outlets that list them but cannot find that bike by that name.
    >
    > What gives?

    The bike is now named the Longbikes Slipstream - http://www.tandembike.com/Slipstream.html

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. g19glock1

    g19glock1 New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    they are now Longbikes, and it is called a slipstream, I think. try www.longbikes.com

    "g19glock1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have been trying to find the home webpage of the Ryan Vanguard Recumbent. Are they still being
    > manufactured. I find retail outlets that list them but cannot find that bike by that name.
    >
    > What gives?
    >

    > --
    > G19, Giant and a V-Rex

  5. Lcha357877

    Lcha357877 Guest

    The Longbikes Slipstream is very much like a Ryan Vanguard. Longbikes is no longer building the
    Vanguard. The rights to build the Vanguard have been returned to Dick Ryan, but I do not think he is
    building bikes at this time.

    The Slipstream built by Longbikes has a higher bottom bracket then the Vanguard
    did. Longbikes should have bikes in stock now. The Slipstream frames are built overseas and they had
    some shipping delays. It is a very well built bike, Greg Peeks takes great pride in his work
    and you won't be diapointed with the Slipstream. Look for them at http://www.tandembike.com/

    I Likes what I ride, and rides what I like. Len Chapman

  6. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    > The bike is now named the Longbikes Slipstream - http://www.tandembike.com/Slipstream.html

    No, the slipstream is a modified design based on the Vanguard.

    > they are now Longbikes, and it is called a slipstream, I think. try www.longbikes.com

    No, they aren't Longbikes. Longbikes is a separate company from Ryan Recumbent Cycles.

    Read about it at http://ryanownersclub.com

    Glockguy, I have a Vanguard you can have a look at (we recently spoke about the Kal-Haven trail,
    etc. I'm in Portage. Write me if you want to see/ride it.

  7. g19glock1

    g19glock1 New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Thank you Sir, I will let you know when I can come up and take a look at it. My folks get here tomorrow from FLA so will be tied up for about a week.