S&S Couplers

Ken Kobayashi:

I received the following message from Sandy at Easy Racers regarding S&S coupling. I don't see any
reference to this on their web-site, but I assume she knows what she's talking about.

Ken Huizenga

*Ken, *At the moment, we can only do S&S couplings on our Ti(tanium) Rush. If *length is the
consideration, you might also have a look at our Fold Gold *(with rear suspension).

*Thanks for your interest in our bikes, *Sandra

To: [email protected] Subject: Coupling

I am looking for a top of the line bike for long distance loaded touring. Do any of your models come
with the S&S coupling option?

FYI, I am 6'3" and 245 pounds.

Ken Huizenga Appleton, Wisconsin

"Ken Kobayashi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 21:14:42 -0600, David <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Easy Racers makes a bent with S&S couplers as does Greenspeed. You can get the former from Easy
> > Racers ( www.easyracers.com ) while the latter is available from the Hostel Shop (
> > www.hostelshoppe.com ).
>
> I don't see an S&S coupled bike on the Easy Racers homepage. Is it an option for the GRR and/or
> TE? Do you know the price?
>
> LoGo ( http://www.logotrikes.com/ ) also makes S&S coupled trikes. I think the LoGo VFT packs
> smaller than the Greenspeed GTO - it's a smaller trike to begin with, and it has more couplers.
> Trisled ( http://www.trisled.com.au/ ) also makes coupled trikes using a different coupler, but
> with only one coupler it's not small enough for airline travel.
>
> Ken Kobayashi [email protected] http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/

>Ken Kobayashi <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> I don't see an S&S coupled bike on the Easy Racers homepage. Is it an option for the GRR and/or
> TE? Do you know the price?
>
>Ken Huizenga wrote: I received the following message from Sandy at Easy Racers regarding S&S
>coupling. I don't see any reference to this on their web-site, but I assume she knows what she's
>talking about.

>*Ken, *At the moment, we can only do S&S couplings on our Ti(tanium) Rush. *If length is the
>consideration, you might also have a look at our *Fold Gold (with rear suspension). *Thanks for
>your interest in our bikes, *Sandra

You won't see it listed on the Easy Racers website. From what I understand, it is something
that they were a bit hesitant to undertake. As far as I know, there are only 2 in existence; 1
belongs to a guy in Nashville and the other belongs to Laurie "Wo" Smith of Easy Riders
Recumbent Club. I ran into the guy from Nashville last year on one of our local club's
sponsored rides. He said that it took at lot of sweet talking to get it done. I bought my TE
from the same dealer he went through and the dealer backed that story up. He said that it was
pretty much a "favor" from Gardner Martin. In the end, the bike alone was about $6000. From
what I understand, it can only be done to a Ti Rush. Sandra's reply backs this up but also
seems to imply that they must be a little more willing to do the job now.

Stephen Davis Murfreesboro, TN
T/E SS, Greenspeed GTR, Vision R45(for sale btw)

On 12 Mar 2003 10:18:19 -0800, [email protected] (Stephen Davis) wrote:
>>Ken Kobayashi <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> I don't see an S&S coupled bike on the Easy Racers homepage. Is it an option for the GRR and/or
>> TE? Do you know the price?
>>
>>Ken Huizenga wrote: I received the following message from Sandy at Easy Racers regarding S&S
>>coupling. I don't see any reference to this on their web-site, but I assume she knows what she's
>>talking about.
>
>>*Ken, *At the moment, we can only do S&S couplings on our Ti(tanium) Rush. *If length is the
>>consideration, you might also have a look at our *Fold Gold (with rear suspension). *Thanks for
>>your interest in our bikes, *Sandra
>

> You won't see it listed on the Easy Racers website. From what I understand, it is something
> that they were a bit hesitant to undertake. As far as I know, there are only 2 in existence...

Thanks Stephen and Sandra for the information. Gardner Martin is quoted on the S&S home page as
saying their couplings are ideal for recumbents, so I thought maybe he was offering it as an option.

I'd imagine the Tour Easy can be retrofitted with those couplings. Does anyone know of one in
existence?