SAAB Salomon Mountain Mayhem 2004

ecce_ecce

New Member
Feb 13, 2003
Does anyone have any details on this event ?

Specifically entry details.

Also, if ayone knows of the rules of the event, then please post them as I am in the dark.

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:53:30 +0000, ecce_ecce wrote:

> Does anyone have any details on this event ?

To be held at Eastnor (Worcs.?), weekend of June 25th.

> Specifically entry details.

Last year it was £140 per team of 4, you need to get the entry form in ASAP.The team numbers have
gone up from around 300 to 400ish this year, so it'll be more hectic than usual.

I was told the entry details/entry form were on a website somewhere.Our Club has entered 3 teams.See
here for more details: http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1215 A web search on Google
will bring up loads of links for this event.

> Also, if ayone knows of the rules of the event, then please post them as I am in the dark.

Lights needed front and back in the dark.Every team member has to complete at least 2 laps(unless 1
is seriously injured).Solos, teams of 4(mixed or all men/women), and teams of 5(mixed team of men
and women).Mountain bikes only.You get issued with a tag at the beginning.Lose it, and you could get
disqualified, and you definitiley lose time.Once you have started a lap, you cannot turn round,even
if you have a catastrophic failure after 100 yards - you have to carry your bike all the way
round.No outside help if you break down.Other racers can help you, but you cant call your team mates
to come and help you fix anything.If you take a shortcut on the course, the whole team is
disqualified. Other than that, its quite straightforwar, just bring your bike and race! Alan.

--
To reply by e-mail, change the 'minus' to 'plus'. http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the
North Midlands.

Thats great cheers Alan

1 last question :

If you go solo what constitutes 24 hour cycling - does it really mean that you have to cycle non stop for 24hrs - or are you (for example) allowed to walk/ sleep/ stop for food ?

Are you allowed a certain amount of minutes per hour off?

If so, how is this monitored - how do you record how far one individual has done ?

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:53:13 +0000, ecce_ecce wrote:

Snip about 24 hour races.
> 1 last question : If you go solo what constitutes 24 hour cycling - does it really mean that
> you have to cycle non stop for 24hrs - or are you (for example) allowed to walk/ sleep/ stop
> for food ?

Solos do what they want.If you want to get into the prize list, you need to be on the bike for 24
hours, others who are doing it for 'fun', take a break whenever they require it. There is a list of
lap times from last year for each competitor on the web somewhere (maybe the Singletrack site?), if
you look at that you'll see some of the solos had an eight hour break in the night, then carried on
in the morning, others had a hour or so break every 6 hours or so. There is a large marquee put
aside for soloists, where you can leave all your kit/food/drinks, then go in there every
lap/whenever to rest/eat fill up your pockets etc. Alan.