Sachs black Powerlinks

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Biggs, Mar 13, 2003.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?

    Are 9-speed SRAM/Sachs/Sedis Powerlinks always gold?

    thanks ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Frank

    Frank Guest

    > Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?
    >
    > Are 9-speed SRAM/Sachs/Sedis Powerlinks always gold?

    I have one for an 8 speed, and used it for 6 months on a taya chain, it was slightly looser than the
    silver powerlink, which was good as the taya 8 speed was slightly thicker than the SRAM 48(58?).

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?
    > >
    > > Are 9-speed SRAM/Sachs/Sedis Powerlinks always gold?
    > >
    > I have one for an 8 speed, and used it for 6 months on a taya chain, it
    was
    > slightly looser than the silver powerlink, which was good as the taya 8 speed was slightly thicker
    > than the SRAM 48(58?).

    I have a Black one that is didn't mean a gold one.

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Frank wrote:

    >> Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?
    >
    > I have one for an 8 speed, and used it for 6 months on a taya chain, it was slightly looser than
    > the silver powerlink, which was good as the taya 8 speed was slightly thicker than the SRAM
    > 48(58?).

    Thanks Frank.

    BTW, This Sachs link is what you get when you order a Powerlink from Settle Cycles (@ £1) - who
    don't mention what speed it's for. As I use both 8 and 9sp chains, I knew it be useful for me
    somehow so didn't bother checking first.

    ~PB