Sachs black Powerlinks

Pete Biggs

Guest
Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?

Are 9-speed SRAM/Sachs/Sedis Powerlinks always gold?

thanks ~PB

> Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?
>
> Are 9-speed SRAM/Sachs/Sedis Powerlinks always gold?

I have one for an 8 speed, and used it for 6 months on a taya chain, it was slightly looser than the
silver powerlink, which was good as the taya 8 speed was slightly thicker than the SRAM 48(58?).

"Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?
> >
> > Are 9-speed SRAM/Sachs/Sedis Powerlinks always gold?
> >
> I have one for an 8 speed, and used it for 6 months on a taya chain, it
was
> slightly looser than the silver powerlink, which was good as the taya 8 speed was slightly thicker
> than the SRAM 48(58?).

I have a Black one that is didn't mean a gold one.

Frank wrote:

>> Are these intended/suitable for 8-speed chains?
>
> I have one for an 8 speed, and used it for 6 months on a taya chain, it was slightly looser than
> the silver powerlink, which was good as the taya 8 speed was slightly thicker than the SRAM
> 48(58?).

Thanks Frank.

BTW, This Sachs link is what you get when you order a Powerlink from Settle Cycles (@ £1) - who
don't mention what speed it's for. As I use both 8 and 9sp chains, I knew it be useful for me
somehow so didn't bother checking first.

~PB