Sachs Spectro S7 suitable Chainsets and chains?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Peter, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Building a low maintaince 26" wheeled hack bike fitted with a 7 speed internal hub geared sachs
    spectro 7.

    No knowledge of hub geared bikes so need advice as to a reasonable size (No of teeth) for the front
    chainring, suitable single ring crank sets and chain for such a bike? Thanks peter
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. peter wrote:
    > Building a low maintaince 26" wheeled hack bike fitted with a 7 speed internal hub geared sachs
    > spectro 7.
    >
    > No knowledge of hub geared bikes so need advice as to a reasonable size (No of teeth) for the
    > front chainring, suitable single ring crank sets and chain for such a bike?

    Depends on your gearing needs/desires and the wheel size. I have an on-line calculator that will let
    you compare various options with more commonplace gearing setups.

    See: http://sheldonbrown.com/gears

    and: http://sheldonbrown.com/gears/internal.html

    | Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense, | differing from the latter only as a
    | veteran may differ from | a raw recruit: and its methods differ from those of common | sense
    | only as far as the guardsman's cut and thrust differ | from the manner in which a savage wields
    | his club. | --T.H. Huxley |

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Than you peter cut: