Sachs Spectro S7 suitable Chainsets and chains?

Peter

Guest
Building a low maintaince 26" wheeled hack bike fitted with a 7 speed internal hub geared sachs
spectro 7.

No knowledge of hub geared bikes so need advice as to a reasonable size (No of teeth) for the front
chainring, suitable single ring crank sets and chain for such a bike? Thanks peter
[email protected]

peter wrote:
> Building a low maintaince 26" wheeled hack bike fitted with a 7 speed internal hub geared sachs
> spectro 7.
>
> No knowledge of hub geared bikes so need advice as to a reasonable size (No of teeth) for the
> front chainring, suitable single ring crank sets and chain for such a bike?

Depends on your gearing needs/desires and the wheel size. I have an on-line calculator that will let
you compare various options with more commonplace gearing setups.

See: http://sheldonbrown.com/gears

and: http://sheldonbrown.com/gears/internal.html

| Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense, | differing from the latter only as a
| veteran may differ from | a raw recruit: and its methods differ from those of common | sense
| only as far as the guardsman's cut and thrust differ | from the manner in which a savage wields
| his club. | --T.H. Huxley |

Than you peter cut: