Sacred Cows to avoid?

Harris wrote:
> Mike S. <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote:

> Colored tires

I don't remember seeing anyone defend these.

> Nope, can't show erect nipples (through a shirt) on TV. That's immoral.

I think that's a network thing, not an FCC thing.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

mike-<< Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?

Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?

Can you think of any that I've missed? >><BR><BR>

1 1/8 inch HS, threadless HS, compact geometry, carbon ass ends, boutique wheels..does a hub hang
from the spokes or is pushed up or centered(?)...

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:k_ylb.72540$vj2.48006@fed1read06...
> Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?
>
> Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?
>
> Can you think of any that I've missed?
>
> Mike

'Spect I shoulda thought harder!

Mike

"Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> I avoid *all* cows, sacred and otherwise.
>
> Jeff

Y'all one of them thar Vetrenairians Like Aah seed on the TeeVee? The ones that ain't meat eaters?

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:k_ylb.72540$vj2.48006@fed1read06...
> Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?
>
> Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?
>
> Can you think of any that I've missed?
>
> Mike

Ginger or Mary Ann

Mike S. <mikeshaw2@coxdotnet> wrote:
: Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?

: Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?

: Can you think of any that I've missed?

: Mike

These aren't big but they have caused some interesting threads.

Multi use Trails versus Biking on the road Should one wear panties under one's bike shorts? Flipping
a bike upside down to change a flat versus not.

--------------------------------
Bob Masse' [email protected]
--------------------------------

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:35:04 +0000, Simon Brooke wrote:

> In any case I can't understand why you USians get so excited about the right to bare arms. We have
> t-shirts this side of the Atlantic too.

Our bare arms are prettier.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Accept risk. Accept responsibility. Put a lawyer out of _`\(,_ | business. (_)/ (_) |

On 22 Oct 2003 13:30:35 -0400, Durward McDonell <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> writes:
>> Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?
>>
>> Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?
>>
>> Can you think of any that I've missed?
>
>Chain cleaning. Shimmy.
>
>And guns. Helmet wars inevitably lead to raging flamefests about guns. This is one of the abiding
>mysteries of the universe.

Eventually the thread will end with Nazis.

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:t3Clb.72612$vj2.58315@fed1read06...

> The thing that gets me is the US getting all excited about bare everything else... I've seen some
> Euro TV...
>
> Nope, can't show erect nipples (through a shirt) on TV. That's immoral.

You've never seen "Friends"?

Bill "Rachel's are always saying hello" S.

On 22 Oct 2003 16:09:57 -0700, [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote:

>"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<k_ylb.72540$vj2.48006@fed1read06>...
>
><snip>
>
>I avoid *all* cows, sacred and otherwise.

"HOLY COW!" -Harry Caray

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:19:13 -0700, "Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> may have said:

>Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?
>
>Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?
>
>Can you think of any that I've missed?

Disc brake ejection, pointless Colnago frame frills, presta vs schrader, build-it-yourself vs
buy-it-assembled, road vs cross vs mtb-with-slicks for commuting, light X vs light Y, cheap vs chic,
and probably a bunch of others that I just skipped for lack of interest.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:44:51 -0500, Jay Hill <[email protected]> may have said:

>Harris wrote:
>> Mike S. <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote:
>
>> Colored tires
>
>I don't remember seeing anyone defend these.

I snickered at bright yellow ones a while back.

Since then, I ran into something far sillier. A guy with a red Honda equipped with *far* too many
bolt-on aftermarket excessories was in a local tire shop asking if it was possible to get car tires
in a color other than black "because hey, they've got red tires for bikes and like that, so why not
for cars? Somebody's gotta be making them, where can I get them?"

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it would be intensely amusing to see such a
vehicle's owner getting gently told that no, they can't match the faded shade of red of the tire
that just failed, and if the owner wants all four tires to match, it will be necessary to pay for
three new ones to go with the one that's going to be replaced under road hazard warranty. On the
other hand, I'm not sure I want to see technicolor skid marks on the highways; that would be just
too surreal.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:22:57 -0600, Fred Marx <[email protected]> may have said:

>Mary Ann no contest

Ginger as a weekend, Mary Ann for long term. One needs a baseline for true appreciation.

> >> Colored tires
> >
> >I don't remember seeing anyone defend these.
>
> I snickered at bright yellow ones a while back.
>
> Since then, I ran into something far sillier. A guy with a red Honda equipped with *far* too many
> bolt-on aftermarket excessories was in a local tire shop asking if it was possible to get car
> tires in a color other than black "because hey, they've got red tires for bikes and like that, so
> why not for cars? Somebody's gotta be making them, where can I get them?"
>
> I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it would be intensely amusing to see such a
> vehicle's owner getting gently told that no, they can't match the faded shade of red of the tire
> that just failed, and if the owner wants all four tires to match, it will be necessary to pay for
> three new ones to go with the one that's going to be replaced under road hazard warranty. On the
> other hand, I'm not sure I want to see technicolor skid marks on the highways; that would be just
> too surreal.

They've got colored tires for motorycycles now too. Saw an ad in the back of the magazines my little
brother left with me after his summer vacation.

Have no idea whether they're actually good tires or not...

Also have seen car tires with colored stripes down the treads. Ummmm, yeah.

Mike