Sacred Cows to avoid?

David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:
: 'merkins is traditional on some parts of Usenet.

typical british politeness, david. those of us who get out some know it gets a whole lot worse
than that.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

On 22 Oct 2003 16:09:57 -0700, [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote:
>"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<k_ylb.72540$vj2.48006@fed1read06>... <snip>
>I avoid *all* cows, sacred and otherwise.

On behalf of the Esoteric c0wz' Society, I hereby officially flame you. The cows will be by shortly
to exact their revenge. Thank you for calling, please wait for the beep.

--
Rick "Beep" Onanian

On 22 Oct 2003 23:34:32 -0700, [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote:
>"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<VqElb.72724$vj2.36349@fed1read06>...
>> Y'all one of them thar Vetrenairians Like Aah seed on the TeeVee? The ones that ain't meat
>> eaters?
>>
>> Mike
>
>OK, yew got me. My idee of a gormay meel is McDonalds.

That thar McDonalds ain't no meat innyway. They done made dem burgers otta Stah-ra-fome, an
flaverred 'em with mint!

>jeff the lit.. umm... lit... umm... readable

(Everytime I've eaten at McDonalds, I've gotten burgers that taste vaguely of mint, with no other
flavor, and the consistency of Styrofoam. I think the only way that people can eat that is loaded
with icky flavor-distractors like onions and ketchup...)
--
Rick Onanian

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<k_ylb.72540$vj2.48006@fed1read06>...
> Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?
>
> Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?
>
> Can you think of any that I've missed?

1. BIOREM vs Chuck Schmit
2. CarbonLord

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<k_ylb.72540$vj2.48006@fed1read06>...
> Hey guys, I got to thinking. What have been the biggest arguments around?
>
> Helmets? Aero wheels? Frame flex/comfort/materials? Campy vs. Shimano?
>
> Can you think of any that I've missed?

3. a hub "stands" on the spoke. or is it hang from?

On 23 Oct 2003 17:12:13 +0100 (BST), David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:
>Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>>In any case I can't understand why you USians get so excited about the
>>Wow! I thought _I_ was the only one who thought there should be some other term than "Americans".
>
>'merkins is traditional on some parts of Usenet.

I like that one, but it's scarcely more accurate. Then again, who (other than the occasional USian)
would want to be a "Merkin"? Okay, that'll do.
--
Rick "Merkin" Onanian

"Prometheus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Also have seen car tires with colored stripes down the treads. Ummmm, yeah.
>
> These are good. Pirelli P Zeros. VERY high performance tires. The "Rossos" have a red stripe down
> them, the "Neros" have a yellow. The red ones are better.
>
> Mike Mechanical Engineering 2006, Carnegie Mellon University Remove nospam to reply.

I don't think that's them. Wasn't there a Japanese or Korean Co. making some too. I don't see your
average rice rocket owner being able to afford P Zeros...

Mike

On 23 Oct 2003 17:14:10 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> may have said:

>Werehatrack <[email protected]> wrote:
>: Minor mentions get made infrequently when Jobst's normal behavior gets on somebody's nerves a
>: little too much, but he has too many of the right answers, so it seems that the majority opinion
>: is that he is someone up with which most would rather put.
>
>****, man, that wasn't email. you posted that.

Yup. Just got a new pair of Nomex shorts, had to give them a proper test.

>besides i'm fairly certain he started that aforementioned thread himself.

The prospect boggles the mind...briefly.

"Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I like that one, but it's scarcely more accurate. Then again, who (other than the occasional
> USian) would want to be a "Merkin"?

Hmm, is that the reason for the name of the President (Merkin Muffley) in
Dr. Strangelove? After all, the names were all significant in that movie - General Jack D. Ripper,
General Buck Turgidson, Col. Bat Guano.

Robert Strickland wrote:
> That's the nice thing about the Nazis. They tend to show up at the end of every argument.

Right. That's how we know it is the end.

A Muzi wrote:
> Robert Strickland wrote:
>
>> That's the nice thing about the Nazis. They tend to show up at the end of every argument.
>
> Right. That's how we know it is the end.

How else would we know the thread had ended?

Mark Janeba

jwills-<< I avoid *all* cows, sacred and otherwise. >><BR><BR>

We have a local woman here in Boulder that's suing a cow for attacking her...while she was running
in a field, The cow was protecting her calf..I vote for the cow....

In article <8XYlb.37839$N94.19906@lakeread02>, "Ian S" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I like that one, but it's scarcely more accurate. Then again, who (other than the occasional
> > USian) would want to be a "Merkin"?
>
> Hmm, is that the reason for the name of the President (Merkin Muffley) in
> Dr. Strangelove? After all, the names were all significant in that movie - General Jack D. Ripper,
> General Buck Turgidson, Col. Bat Guano.

Greatest movie ever! This was our squadron film in the old days when I was flying nukes.

Major Kong - Slim Pickens - B-52 Commander, Our Hero!

Pres. Merkin, WC Monte Markham, and of course Dr. Strangelove - Peter Sellers.

Do yuy remember P O E??? ( Purity of Essence )

HAND

> We have a local woman here in Boulder that's suing a cow for attacking her...while she was running
> in a field, The cow was protecting her calf..I
vote
> for the cow....

You ARE kidding, right?

Mike

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:10:33 +0000, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> We have a local woman here in Boulder that's suing a cow for attacking her...while she was running
> in a field, The cow was protecting her calf..I vote for the cow....

She's suing the cow? For what, a pound of flesh?

I don't suppose she mentioned how she came to be running in the field the cow was grazing in, but
I'm sure it must have been public property. If someone runs around in my fields, I wouldn't mind if
my cow (if Ihad one) were to chase her off. But maybe Boulder is a different world....

--

David L. Johnson

__o | What is objectionable, and what is dangerous about extremists is _`\(,_ | not that they are
extreme, but that they are intolerant. (_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy

"H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <8XYlb.37839$N94.19906@lakeread02>, "Ian S" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > I like that one, but it's scarcely more accurate. Then again, who (other than the occasional
> > > USian) would want to be a "Merkin"?
> >
> > Hmm, is that the reason for the name of the President (Merkin Muffley) in
> > Dr. Strangelove? After all, the names were all significant in that movie - General Jack D.
> > Ripper, General Buck Turgidson, Col. Bat Guano.
> >

> Greatest movie ever! This was our squadron film in the old days when I was flying nukes.

Dear H.M.,

Rick's delicacy may have prevented him from explaining things sufficiently. The use of "merkin" to
refer to us 'Mericans is not just an imitation of our rugged accent.

Look the word up--I dare say no more.

Except that yeah, that's the sort of thing only a bunch of limeys would dream up, much less wear.

Carl Fogel

> Major Kong - Slim Pickens - B-52 Commander, Our Hero!
>
> Pres. Merkin, WC Monte Markham, and of course Dr. Strangelove - Peter Sellers.
>
> Do yuy remember P O E??? ( Purity of Essence )
>
> HAND

"Carl Fogel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > In article <8XYlb.37839$N94.19906@lakeread02>, "Ian S"
<[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > "Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Hmm, is that the reason for the name of the President (Merkin Muffley)
in
> > > Dr. Strangelove? After all, the names were all significant in that
movie -
> > > General Jack D. Ripper, General Buck Turgidson, Col. Bat Guano.
> > >

> > Greatest movie ever! This was our squadron film in the old days when I
was
> > flying nukes.
> >

> Dear H.M.,
>
> Rick's delicacy may have prevented him from explaining things sufficiently. The use of "merkin" to
> refer to us 'Mericans is not just an imitation of our rugged accent.
>
> Look the word up--I dare say no more.
>
> Except that yeah, that's the sort of thing only a bunch of limeys would dream up, much less wear.

Makes the President's name in Dr. Strangelove even more a propos!

Does the cow has to testify in court? -tom

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:26:32 -0700, "Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote:
>> We have a local woman here in Boulder that's suing a cow for attacking her...while she was
>> running in a field, The cow was protecting her calf..I
>vote
>> for the cow....
>
>You ARE kidding, right?

Why should he be? I would vote for the cow too.

--
Rick "OIC, kidding about the lawsuit, not the vote" Onanian