Sad for Beloki, but...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Keith, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    ...he won't be pulling up Lance again only to finish 2nd in Paris. He did it yesterday behind Mayo
    and did it again behind Vino today. Can someone explain this strategy to me ?! That stupid Manolo
    guy again.

    Tags:

  2. Beloki tried yesterday, and tried today, but he has no jump in his legs like Mayo and Vino. But he
    definitely tried. BTW nice to see Mayo outsprint Lance for the 3rd place and taking 8 bonusseconds.

    Erik

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ...he won't be pulling up Lance again only to finish 2nd in Paris. He did it yesterday behind Mayo
    > and did it again behind Vino today. Can someone explain this strategy to me ?! That stupid Manolo
    > guy again.

  3. Rereading you mail I see your point. Yes it was stupid tactics not to let Armstrong do all the
    chasing. More stupid tactics today by Aitor Garmendia attacking with 86 kms to go...

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ...he won't be pulling up Lance again only to finish 2nd in Paris. He did it yesterday behind Mayo
    > and did it again behind Vino today. Can someone explain this strategy to me ?! That stupid Manolo
    > guy again.

  4. Goulot

    Goulot Guest

    finishing second on each stage could lead to being first in the final GC (as long as someone
    different finishes first each time) , that's pretty much what Lance is doing at the momment
    by the way

    "Keith" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...he won't be pulling up Lance again only to finish 2nd in Paris. He did it yesterday behind Mayo
    > and did it again behind Vino today. Can someone explain this strategy to me ?! That stupid Manolo
    > guy again.

  5. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:45:03 +0200, "Erik van Leeuwen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Rereading you mail I see your point. Yes it was stupid tactics not to let Armstrong do all the
    >chasing. More stupid tactics today by Aitor Garmendia attacking with 86 kms to go...

    Ok, so I'm not alone here.

    >"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> ...he won't be pulling up Lance again only to finish 2nd in Paris. He did it yesterday behind
    >> Mayo and did it again behind Vino today. Can someone explain this strategy to me ?! That stupid
    >> Manolo guy again.

  6. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:07:59 +0200, "goulot" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >finishing second on each stage could lead to being first in the final GC (as long as someone
    >different finishes first each time) , that's pretty much what Lance is doing at the momment
    >by the way

    Yeah but why "help" Armstrong when he's going to beat him in the ITT anyway. He should have let
    Armstrong do ALL the chase work, not substiture for Heras.

  7. "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:07:59 +0200, "goulot" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >finishing second on each stage could lead to being first in the final GC
    (as
    > >long as someone different finishes first each time) , that's pretty much what Lance is doing at
    > >the momment by the way
    >
    > Yeah but why "help" Armstrong when he's going to beat him in the ITT anyway. He should have let
    > Armstrong do ALL the chase work, not substiture for Heras.

    Pretty simple, really - they're both afraid of Vino. As they should be; he's clearly on the best
    form of his life. Bottom line is when it's down to the podium contenders and one of 'em goes, the
    others can't afford to sit back and play tactics. Once their teammates are gone and the shit has hit
    the fan, then it's every man for himself; especially in a Tour they all see as being up for grabs.

  8. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote:

    > Rereading you mail I see your point. Yes it was stupid tactics not to let Armstrong do all the
    > chasing. More stupid tactics today by Aitor Garmendia attacking with 86 kms to go...
    >
    > "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > ...he won't be pulling up Lance again only to finish 2nd in Paris. He did it yesterday behind
    > > Mayo and did it again behind Vino today. Can someone explain this strategy to me ?! That stupid
    > > Manolo guy again.

    I thought Garmendia and Casero might have been trying to disrupt the Jaksche group for Ullrich?