Sad News - Keith Alexander.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> While there are plenty of people who die all the time that are really worthy
> of being eulogized I have a hard time raising any enthusiast for mourning
> the passing of a guitar player from Twisted Sister.
>
> That ain't to say he wasn't important to some people. Just that I wonder why
> those people would post that stuff here.

Well, Tom, he was a fairly regular poster in this group, and, as such,
that makes him part of what can be referred to as the community of rbr. If
some other members of that community choose to make note of his passing,
why not? Perhaps Keith did things for entertainment or to make a living
that you don't approve of. Fine - you don't have to note his passing. But
why does it bother you so that others choose to, to the point where you
criticize them for it? Apparently you think that rbr is only allowed to
note the passing of people on the Tom Kunich Approved List.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > While there are plenty of people who die all the time that are really worthy
> > of being eulogized I have a hard time raising any enthusiast for mourning
> > the passing of a guitar player from Twisted Sister.
> >
> > That ain't to say he wasn't important to some people. Just that I wonder why
> > those people would post that stuff here.

> Well, Tom, he was a fairly regular poster in this group, and, as such,
> that makes him part of what can be referred to as the community of rbr. If
> some other members of that community choose to make note of his passing,
> why not? Perhaps Keith did things for entertainment or to make a living
> that you don't approve of. Fine - you don't have to note his passing. But
> why does it bother you so that others choose to, to the point where you
> criticize them for it? Apparently you think that rbr is only allowed to
> note the passing of people on the Tom Kunich Approved List.
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Butter is love.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bravo!, and thank you Howard.
Keith was a person who lived life to it's fullest, and followed his
convictions. You may disagree with him, but that's never wrong. That's
what made this country.
Bill C

k.papai wrote:
> "Keith died while riding on Shore Road in Brooklyn. Witnesses say he
> lost control ofhis bike while trying to avoid a small child riding
> erraticly. He struck the fence that seperates the highway from the
> road. He was
> pronounced dead at the scene. "
>
> Wow, sad, truly. I just saw this post & thread today.
>
> My best to the Alexander family and Keith will be missed.
>
> -Ken

Classy response, and just what I would've expected from you.
Bill C

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Mad Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Given that, it's always cool to show some respect to those that have
> > passed on,

> Do you really think we're going to mourn your passing? Henry and I are
> already planning a party.

I'd really be surprised if he was getting together with you on
anything.
I don't think you and him are ever going to agree on anything.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > While there are plenty of people who die all the time that are really worthy
> > > of being eulogized I have a hard time raising any enthusiast for mourning
> > > the passing of a guitar player from Twisted Sister.
> > >
> > > That ain't to say he wasn't important to some people. Just that I wonder why
> > > those people would post that stuff here.

> > Well, Tom, he was a fairly regular poster in this group, and, as such,
> > that makes him part of what can be referred to as the community of rbr. If
> > some other members of that community choose to make note of his passing,
> > why not? Perhaps Keith did things for entertainment or to make a living
> > that you don't approve of. Fine - you don't have to note his passing. But
> > why does it bother you so that others choose to, to the point where you
> > criticize them for it? Apparently you think that rbr is only allowed to
> > note the passing of people on the Tom Kunich Approved List.
> >
> > --
> > tanx,
> > Howard
> >
> > Butter is love.
> >
> > remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

> Bravo!, and thank you Howard.
> Keith was a person who lived life to it's fullest, and followed his
> convictions. You may disagree with him, but that's never wrong. That's
> what made this country.
> Bill C

I'd compare Keith to another person I think is a legend from NY,
That's Indian Larry. They both walked their own path and wee incredible
artists.
Bill C