Sad news re Sheldon Brown

Colin Nelson wrote on 29/10/2006 19:16 +0100:
> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>
> Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon

He's not been good for a while now but its sad it looks like his cycling
days are over. A cruel twist for someone that loves cycling so much.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

[email protected] wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
> > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > >
> > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > >
> > > Colin N.
> > >

> > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
cross-post to RBT

So sorry to hear. Good Luck Sheldon.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> wafflycat wrote:
>> "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>> >
>> > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
>> >
>> > Colin N.
>> >

>> Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good
>> vibes
>> of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
>> cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

It has removed 859 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Best wishes, Sheldon. One of the main people on the web who has
greatly rekindled my interest in bicycling. Our hearts and minds go
with you.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
> > wafflycat wrote:
> > > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good

vibes
> > > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes

of
> > > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

> Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
> cross-post to RBT

Damn.

Why can't this type of stuff strike down the arsonists who started the
Esperanza fire rather than the good guys? Clearly there is no God.

Greg

Respect to a real cyclist. Don't give in ever. Still here after was
told it was unlikely I would live another 3 months. NEVER, EVER GIVE
IN!

G.T. wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> Damn.
>
> Why can't this type of stuff strike down the arsonists who started the
> Esperanza fire rather than the good guys? Clearly there is no God.

Or, he/she/it doesn't dole out rewards as we'd like. At least, not in
this lifetime.

Sheldon deserves rewards.

- Frank Krygowski

[email protected] wrote:

> Sheldon deserves rewards.

Very true.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

> [email protected] wrote:
> > wafflycat wrote:
> > > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

> Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
> cross-post to RBT

Wow, I had no idea (I didn't follow Sheldon's blogs). However, one of
Sheldon's pictures from this year's Interbike did strike me as a bit
peculiar, that of his rental "motorized" vehicle. At the time I just
thought he sprained/broke his leg, and needed some ambulatory
assistance.

If you're reading this Sheldon, I want you to know that more than
anyone else, you have been responsible for getting me back on the bike
after a long hiatus (off my fat ass), and rekindling my interest in
bikes once again. It is indeed a perverse universe which we live that
you, of all people would be diagnosed and afflicted with MS. Good
wishes to you and your family.

"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Best wishes, Sheldon. One of the main people on the web who has
> greatly rekindled my interest in bicycling. Our hearts and minds go
> with you.
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

BUMMER!

I recently started riding again this spring after a 5 year break due to
health issues. Since I was a little kid, cycling has always been one of
those simple joys in life and something that keeps me inspired and
energized.

Good luck Sheldon, your web site has brought me a lot of chuckles plus
great technical information. I admire the amount of effort that you've
put into it. Thanks.

Chas.

> wafflycat wrote:
> > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > >
> > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > >
> > > Colin N.
> > >

> > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

Add these electrons to those wishing Sheldon well and thanking him for
enriching our world. I expect he'll continue to do so for many more
years yet.

Luke

In article <301020060039299072%[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>In article <[email protected]>,
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> wafflycat wrote:
>> > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good

vibes
>> > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
>> > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

>> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>>

>Add these electrons to those wishing Sheldon well and thanking him for
>enriching our world. I expect he'll continue to do so for many more
>years yet.
>
>Luke

Since taking up cycling about 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 56 I've come to
rely on Sheldon's site. The Internet certainly has made the world a smaller
place. I feel a sense of sadness and wish Sheldon all the best and hope he and
his family find the strenth and support from the many friends they certainly
must have.

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > wafflycat wrote:
> > > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

> Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
> cross-post to RBT

Sheldon and his website have been an important part of my bicycling
education. I wish him only the best and my thoughts go out to him and
his family.

Smokey