Sad News

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Meagan, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    "Meagan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]_s21...
    > http://www.collegeswimming.com/index.php?show=view_news&id=1170

    Counsilman the elder was a major influence on most if not all coaches during
    the rapid development of the sport in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Any coach,
    or indeed any swimmer of that period, who did not read his books was sadly
    lacking in their education.

    The group I swam with would sometimes "borrow" a 16mm projector and run the
    coach's black & white films of Mike Troy, Chester Jastremski, Tom Stock,
    etcetera. The films were silent, and so were we (for the most part). What
    a shock when we finally saw ourselves on a sony reel-to-reel vtr. In black
    and white, that was the same; but precious little else.