Sad News

"Meagan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> http://www.collegeswimming.com/index.php?show=view_news&id=1170

Counsilman the elder was a major influence on most if not all coaches during
the rapid development of the sport in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Any coach,
or indeed any swimmer of that period, who did not read his books was sadly
lacking in their education.

The group I swam with would sometimes "borrow" a 16mm projector and run the
coach's black & white films of Mike Troy, Chester Jastremski, Tom Stock,
etcetera. The films were silent, and so were we (for the most part). What
a shock when we finally saw ourselves on a sony reel-to-reel vtr. In black
and white, that was the same; but precious little else.