Sad news

I submit that on or about Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:42:34 +0000 (UTC), the
person known to the court as "p.k." <[email protected]> made
a statement (<[email protected]> in
Your Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>In that case check out:
>http://www.answers.com/topic/accident

All of which semantic nicety side-steps the issue, which is that by
calling them accidents, when they are in fact the predictable and
occasionally inevitable results of negligence, aggression or
incompetence, obscures the problem and offers a ready smokescreen to
those who seek not to have that problem addressed.

Which is why the DfT have renamed Road Accidents Great Britain to Road
Casualties Great Britain, among other things.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> Which is why the DfT have renamed Road Accidents Great Britain to Road
> Casualties Great Britain, among other things.

Shouldn't that be Motor Vehicle Driver Casualties Great Britain - it
seem wrong to blame the road ;-)

--
Tony

Anon