Saddan verdict.... Death penalty

wolfix said:
Show me where the Vatican and the UN have condemned the trial process...... And the verdict of guilty was not not what they condemned,it was the death penalty phase of the verdict.

Just more anti-American ********.
Notable that you did not post any comment about the sentence served by Lt. Calley compared to the sentence handed to Saddam Hussein. Also notable that you made no comment about the two foremost human rights organisations in the world and their condemnation of what was patently a show trial on a par with anything the Soviets ever conducted.
http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2006/03/saddam-trial-resumes-after-critical-un.php
JURIST - Paper Chase: Saddam trial resumes after critical UN report
The University of Pittsburgh Law School is probably an Al-Qaeda front so the source may be suspect.

Carrera said:
I figure this invasion has created major problems that will come to light as time goes on. You also get the impression the U.S. has basically had enough of intervention and will try to retreat from Middle Eastern politics.
The problem is, if and when the U.S. withdraws, Iraq will be effectively handed over to the same Shia clerics S.H. had opposed in the past - which will draw Iraq close to Iran.
The Sunni Moslems may well find themselves a persecuted minority within Iraq so, when the U.S. leaves, the Sunnis may well continue their insurgency against the Shia and Kurds.
As it is, there is evidence to suggest Sunnis are being targeted by Shia militia.
All in all, I hate to be so blunt, but I believe U.S. intervention in Iraq has been catastrophic and Bush seems to have done Iran's dirty work for it with no Iranian blood spilt to attain the goal.
I'm sure the Iranians must love Bush but now just want to see him out of Iraq so they can be more influential.
Nope, Bush ain't evil as such he's just not the brightest spark in the tool shed.
I don't believe that the US has had enough of interventionism,particularly in the Middle East. I believe they will ramp up their efforts to dominate the region. Cheney is on record recently as saying that it isn't popular opinion on the war in Iraq that counts...it's what he believes is right.Clinton and Kerry are both in favour of the war in Iraq and there are many Democrats who believe likewise. For the Dems,the issue is not the immorality of the war,rather it's a quibble about how the war is being fought. The Dems will sell out their voters just as quickly as the Repigs did.
It would not surprise me in the least if an incident is manufactured to "justify" an Israeli attack on Iran,followed by an American attack using nuclear weapons.As President,dubya has the power to authorise such an attack and once Congress is presented with a fait accompli they will have little choice but to go along with it. The neocons have nothing to lose by attacking Iraq and ,to their mad way of thinking,everything to gain. Let's not forget the scenario that was envisaged by the neocons...that they would be greeted by horded of grateful Iraqis bearing flowers and gifts. While it's plain to see that they were disastrously wrong,they have never let reality alter their view of the world and the crazies (as they were known to the CIA and GB Snr.'s advisors) aren't going to change now.
There are now reports that other countries in the ME are seeking nuclear power...for "peaceful" purposes of course. You have to wonder...why would Saudi Arabia need nuclear power? No doubt they will get it either,since the neocons have pretty much given the Saudis anything they wanted in the past,including military aid that almost matches that given to Israel (the largest recipient of American "aid").
The technology to manufacture nuclear weapons is now out there (North Korea had no problems acquiring it),and we can now expect to see many more countries arming themselves with a nuclear deterrent to US aggression. That's really making the world a safer place,isn't it?
The invasion of Iraq,and the invasion of Vietnam and many other countries has sent a clear message to the world. Unfortunately for the US, the message received has not been the one intended by the US. The message received is that,despite its military power,the US can be made to pay a high price for its imperialist ambitions and undoubtedly will.
What we are witnessing is the end of the ability of large countries to dominate and exploit small ones. The nature of war has changed (as it has before) in response to changed conditions. The US has either failed to understand that,or simply refuses to believe that their own power is fading just as the power of every other empire has faded.
The best the US can do is make Mandarin and Spanish compulsory in all schools.Your grandchildren will thank you for it.

Interventionism ?????? America has already perfected that..... Without firing a bullet. Everyone who doesn't think so needs to just look around themselves.
McDonalds
Coca-Cola
Baywatch
....................The list goes on...........

In American business school , the Marketing departments are churning out skilled generals.......

wolfix said:
Interventionism ?

In American business school , the Marketing departments are churning out skilled generals.......
Just as well for you...West Point obviously isn't.
:D