Saddle advice for long rides

i been training for THE LONG RIDE for several years now. went from a hard sheel japanese OE model of
'87 vintage eeeeeeeeow! to a specialized street comp Minkow. cawment! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll
buynanother this winter. and a soft cover just incase. the seat is outasight. the firmness limits
the flesh subject to gross abuse. the more flesh on the seat the more flesh toarn outa yur butt.
then the saddle is tilted forward max with a stop drilled and taped into the post top to keep the
clamp tilted there. the tilt eliminates that joining of thigh and upper leg from contact with the
saddle and keeeping that part of the body away is like draining love canal and installing walleye.
The split saddle DOES cool the perinium. REPEAT! the split saddle cools the perinium with the extra
airflow.after tackling the brake pad try an air scoop under there probably get another 15%
coolth.try nike running shorts just long enough to hide the loose hang. the major trip here is
conditioning the butt not the seat. after 25,000 miles training, my butt skin is noticeably thicker
and more durable for THE LONG TRIP. How one goes on THE LONG TRIP without that buttt conditioning is
a source for sum good stories of pain, anguish and LONG TRIP ABORT(LTA)Maybe use a trainer buttt
saddle conditioner lika medicine ball? More on this later. May the bacteria go west for the summer!!

Just tried the Forte Pro SL for the first time. Really comfortable. It has a cutout in the shell
underneath and a fairly smooth cover with no hole. The padding over the cutout has extra give. Nice
concept and it seems to work. At 210 grams and a sale price of $39.99 it's a great deal too.

g.daniels wrote:

>i been training for THE LONG RIDE for several years now. went from a hard sheel japanese OE model
>of '87 vintage eeeeeeeeow! to a specialized street comp Minkow. cawment! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll
>buynanother this winter. and a soft cover just incase. the seat is outasight. the firmness limits
>the flesh subject to gross abuse. the more flesh on the seat the more flesh toarn outa yur butt.
>then the saddle is tilted forward max with a stop drilled and taped into the post top to keep the
>clamp tilted there. the tilt eliminates that joining of thigh and upper leg from contact with the
>saddle and keeeping that part of the body away is like draining love canal and installing walleye.
>The split saddle DOES cool the perinium. REPEAT! the split saddle cools the perinium with the
>extra airflow.after tackling the brake pad try an air scoop under there probably get another 15%
>coolth.try nike running shorts just long enough to hide the loose hang. the major trip here is
>conditioning the butt not the seat. after 25,000 miles training, my butt skin is noticeably
>thicker and more durable for THE LONG TRIP. How one goes on THE LONG TRIP without that buttt
>conditioning is a source for sum good stories of pain, anguish and LONG TRIP ABORT(LTA)Maybe use a
>trainer buttt saddle conditioner lika medicine ball? More on this later. May the bacteria go west
>for the summer!!

The funny thing is I understood all that. Must be that LONG TRIP I took back in the 70's.