saddle angle?

Vincent Chiao

Guest
I just bought a new saddle (Selle Royale Mach) for my road bike, and after installing it, I noticed
that the angle seems a bit odd--the nose is pointing down a couple degrees, instead of being
completely horizontal. It's not particularly uncomfortable or anything, but I was wondering if this
is normal? (There do not seem to be any adjustments on either the saddle or the seatpost, just the
rails and the clamp.) Thanks!
V.

vincent chiao <[email protected]> wrote:
: I just bought a new saddle (Selle Royale Mach) for my road bike, and after installing it, I
: noticed that the angle seems a bit odd--the nose is pointing down a couple degrees, instead of
: being completely horizontal. It's not particularly uncomfortable or anything, but I was wondering
: if this is normal? (There do not seem to be any adjustments on either the saddle or the seatpost,
: just the rails and the clamp.) Thanks!
: V.

All seatposts clamps are adjustable. But since your saddle is comfortable just leave it the
way it is.

--------------------------------
Bob Masse' [email protected]
--------------------------------

"vincent chiao" wrote:

> I just bought a new saddle (Selle Royale Mach) for my road bike, and after installing it, I
> noticed that the angle seems a bit odd--the nose is pointing down a couple degrees, instead of
> being completely horizontal.
It's
> not particularly uncomfortable or anything, but I was wondering if this is normal? (There do not
> seem to be any adjustments on either the saddle or
the
> seatpost, just the rails and the clamp.)

In general the saddle should be level. If it's tilted downward, you will tend to slide forward,
requiring your arms to exert constant force on the bars. On a long ride that can be very tiring.

There has to be an adjustment either on the seatpost or the saddle clamp.

Art Harris