Saddle bag

Methodical

Jun 25, 2012
Can anyone recommend a saddle bag sized enough to fit an inner tube, co2 catridge and 2 tire levers? I just need a small pack to fit those 3 items. I know I can put these items in my jersey, but I don't want too. I want to put them in a small saddle bag and reserve the jersey pockets for my wallet, phone, keys, snacks and energy items etc. I have one of the Fi'zi:k saddle. I looked at Fi'zi:k ICS saddle bag, but I was concerned about how they attach to the seat and that the clip could give way or brake from the mounting position. I researched the Fi'zi:k ICS saddle and my concerns were confirmed; it seemed that 1 of every 3 or 4 person (no scientific stats) reviewing these saddles had an issue with the saddle coming loose or the bag ripping from the rivets. I did a "saddle bag" search in this forum and the most current post was from '07, which seems old. So I am here since many of you have been riding for many, many years and have tried and tested many products, including saddle bags. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks...Al

Check out the saddle bags at Topeak. They're well built and durable. They've got quite a few that fit your needs. I've been using one of their's for about 4 years without any issues, and the stuff I put in mine is: inner tube, 2-3 CO2 canisters and inflator, 2 tire levers, and sometimes keys, CC card, and drivers license.

specialized, they come in two different sizes, easily attached with velcro, by the way, i have two fiziks saddles and i use their back red led light, which you attach instead of the fizik saddle bag, in the same spot,

I usually prefer carrying everything in the jersey but I have used a Cat-1 Mezo on occasion.
20-2550-BLK-ANGLE.jpg

It's pretty robust but on the smaller side.

I've squeezed in: 1) one inner tube, 2) the tiny Park patch pre-glued kit (which work great on latex tubes), 3) two tire levers, 4) small multi-tool, 5) super-mini 5inch pump, 6) one CO2 cartrigde and holder. However there's not much room for anything else except a folded $20.